"platinum" Bashing Gets Boring.....

Thanh-BKK

Hello.

Now i've read a number of discussions regarding "Platinum" motorbikes and all of them go to the extend of calling those bikes "crap" and whatnot. It's getting boring.

So guys and girls - be honest and please tell me WHO OF YOU actually OWNED ONE and had a BAD EXPERIENCE.

I have seen Platinums up close and checked every nook and cranny, particularly on the Enduro - ok they are cheaply made but that's why you get them cheap! And for the money you save you can swap some of the really poor components with better ones (think the elctrical switch combos on the steering bar) and then take the bike apart to re-spray the frame (yup, they started rusting in the showroom....) and upon putting it back together make sure you use Loctite on all bolts and nuts and i am pretty sure you'll have a decent bike.

"Platinum" seems to have a little bit an image like the famous-infamous "Lada" car brand from Russia. Altough nobody ever drove one somehow everyone "knows" that "they are crap". How come, if i may ask? My father had one (the Niva) and it's the f***ing most amazing car i have sat in so far. Not only is it the cheapest way to get an offroad car in all Europe (which is similar to that "Platinum" Enduro here - cheapest available dirt bike....) but it's actually an offroad car that does NOT fall apart when used OFF ROAD! Because my father, being a hunter and forester, needed such car and did use it for it's intended purpose - driving off road in the forests. The car failed only in one thing - to break down. Never did break down. Got thru EVERY terrain. Permanent 50/50 4WD, outside really thick and heavy steel, inside rattling cheap plastic - so what? It wasn't a luxury limousine but an offroad car!

And same with Platinum. They don't WANT to be Harleys or BMW's but cheap people movers. I am 100% convinced that with proper care they last just as long as a Honda.

Best regards.....

Thanh

I take it that the OP has purchased a Platinum,if so congratulations,you have exercised your freedom of choice.

If you dont own one and as you state ,you find the discussions boring,why start another thread on the same machine.

I view your post as a flame to the posters who have already voiced their opinions as to their opinions regarding the Platinum motor bike and so this thread is closed.