Certificate Of Residence

Its been going on for a while. I needed to renew my drivers license and as I was in the Netherland for a holiday not long ago I thought. Oh well, I will visit the Town Hall and get a new one..

No Sir, that isn't possible as you are not registered in the Netherlands. You are living in Thailand and you need to bring a letter from the Ducth Embassy in Bangkok to confirm you are living there should you want to renew your license in the Netherlands..

<deleted>.. I am ducth, show my license and Passport and they sent me back to Thailand for a letter.. Geeee...

Ok, now than. Called the embassy this morning saying I needed a Certificate of Residence.....

Dutch guy asnwers the phone and tells me to get a proof of the City of birth that I am no longer a resident in the Netherlands...

Its like a circle. I used to have no problems getting a Certificate of Residence. Has it all changed now??

You posting is in a circle, comically. It's almost impossible to ascertain what you are trying to do. Making broad assumptions:

1. you live in Thailand

2. you are Dutch

3. you want to renew your Dutch driver's license

Is any of that correct?

In the past, how did you get a certificate of residence?

Ray, if all else fails, go along to your local amphur.

Ask them to give you a letter confirming your address in Thailand.

If you are married to a Thai, take her along with the house book and marriage certificate.

IMO this is alot easier than having to deal with my home country embassy and alot cheaper ie nothing!

You posting is in a circle, comically. It's almost impossible to ascertain what you are trying to do. Making broad assumptions:

1. you live in Thailand: Yes 13 years

2. you are Dutch : Yes, sorry for that

3. you want to renew your Dutch driver's license: Yes, would like to

Is any of that correct?

In the past, how did you get a certificate of residence? In teh past I would just turn up at the Dutch embassy in Bangkok, hand them the money, give them some address and they confirm it. Nowadays this is not possible anymore and need to get a letter from the register in the Netherlands to confirm that I no longer live in the Netherlands

1. you live in Thailand: Yes 13 years

2. you are Dutch : Yes, sorry for that

3. you want to renew your Dutch driver's license: Yes, would like to

Is any of that correct?

In the past, how did you get a certificate of residence? In teh past I would just turn up at the Dutch embassy in Bangkok, hand them the money, give them some address and they confirm it. Nowadays this is not possible anymore and need to get a letter from the register in the Netherlands to confirm that I no longer live in the Netherlands

Sorry I wasn't clear...

All I am after is to say that it is a pain to get anything done while living in Thailand and having to deal with certain isseus such as renewal of drives licenses or getting a certifikate of residence from the Dutch embassy in Thailand.

Edited by raybkk