Tot Sucks, Only 100kps International To San Franicsco

genobkk

it is getting worse ad worse, 1,000 THB for 2mb and the best I get today is 100 kps, tested as low as 70. This is crazy....this test is done on the speakeasey website. when test on the thai speed test I get 1700 kps. truely I am just thiknking about tellling them to kiss y butt and use dial up... it is xalled the world wide web, NOT thailand web!!! seems the last year it has gotten much wors.....I stay at Na Jomteine near the old Sharky. it is the only option NO CAT,, etc. 100 kps !!!! this is creaking crazy!!!!!! it is useless!!!!!!! tryed to get them to upgrade to the SME package and they wuld NOT!!!!!!! is thier anything I can do?????

just called TOT and they say the under water cable is sitll broke, is this true?? I thought they fixed this long time ago. I think they are telling me Shit. ask when it would be fixed, they said they do not know. My ji-net in Bangkok is working fine. this reallyy sucks speedtest is 107 kps on speedtest.net san francisco

just called TOT and they say the under water cable is sitll broke, is this true?? I thought they fixed this long time ago. I think they are telling me Shit. ask when it would be fixed, they said they do not know. My ji-net in Bangkok is working fine. this reallyy sucks speedtest is 107 kps on speedtest.net san francisco

Well, they give you the bs-answer. They are slow because they have too much traffic on their foreign lines. Other ISPs in Thailand give way more international bandwidth to their customers. Of course, if they happen to have 90% of the customers in thailand they would be more affected by a broken connection like we experienced the last couple of years in undersee cables beeing broken. Last I hear was that 2 of 5 cables where fixed.

The only thing you can do is changing ISP if possible. This is however not a static problem. Its close to impossible to know what ISP will be on top of the dung next month or next year.

Well, they give you the bs-answer. They are slow because they have too much traffic on their foreign lines. Other ISPs in Thailand give way more international bandwidth to their customers. Of course, if they happen to have 90% of the customers in thailand they would be more affected by a broken connection like we experienced the last couple of years in undersee cables beeing broken. Last I hear was that 2 of 5 cables where fixed.

The only thing you can do is changing ISP if possible. This is however not a static problem. Its close to impossible to know what ISP will be on top of the dung next month or next year.

i have TT&T maxnet premier 1090 baht month, no problems and i have just used speedtest to SF and the result is :1202/250 -no broken cable there then! 241021280.png

I do not think I can get TT&T way out at Na Jomtine just near that new condo La Royal or soemthing. I did a sppeed test on that same site at 12 nooon get 70, at 6 pm 100, at 3 am I get 1700. this is razy!!! think I should telll them to kiss my but and use edge. I am told I can only use TOT here not sure if it is true or not.....guess I have to try to contact TT&T and see.. I have ji-net in Bangkok have the 1mb package with true line and get the same speed on international sites as thailand, around 850 kps even in the day time. they seem to be the best, Had true and got rid of them, just need to do the same to TOT here if I can get something bet ter. 70 to 100 kps is crazy, I guess thailand is on the way to becomeing that IT merchant of asia....hahhaha

i have TT&T maxnet premier 1090 baht month, no problems and i have just used speedtest to SF and the result is :1202/250 -no broken cable there then! 241021280.png

I have TT&T Maxnet also and just did a speed test and got 1311 upload and 413 download. I think it all depends on where you live in Pattaya.

Barry