English Language Vs Thai Press ?

phormio

Is the Thai Language Press depiction of Thai life significantly different

from the English Language Press? What gets lost by not being able to read

the Thai Langauge Press? And is there any English Language rendition that reflects the Thai Language Newspapers overall(The Nation seems filtered for western eyes) ? :o

My aural skills are much better than my reading skills, so I mostly watch the Thai news on TV...

What I notice is that the news is pretty much the same, but taken a few steps further in the sense of more gory stuff, more gossipy stuff, more local stories, more private addresses, more victim photos, more initials instead of names...Speaking of which, sometimes the media will fill in names for each other's stories..You can even see this in the Nation anf Post at times. For example, one paper will mention an un-named 'influential politician with the initial Raw Paw (RP)' that is accused of being the master mind... Another story, with a different sub angle, 'innocently' mentions MP Raprakan Sutiwan in some story that allows a careful viewer to make the connections sometimes...

One thing I've come to learn is that nobody truly knows what will happen next. Like watching an old hollywood serial. "How's he going to get out of this one!!" See you next week! ...That's really all it is. Same old shit, just constantly moved around under different names and scenarios...:o