Where Moving Accomadation

Hi guys,

Right, me and the wife have been looking for a place of our own.

We have been looking to rent a flat from the council for around 3 weeks now, but the areas where the flats are, are bad.

Things at my mothers are not good, realy bad atmosphere, and realy we need to leave.

My wife has met a couple of thai friends during her stay here, and its in a certain part of sheffield where we want to live, and where her friends are.

Yesterday we went to view a bedsit, the room we looked at was stunning, £40 a week, but we would be sharing the kitchen, bathroom, living room with two female students :o .

My point is, we are taking the room as its next to where we want to live, its nice, cheap and in the city.

While we are living there, we shall be bidding on the council propertys available, but what if we are still living in the shared house when my wife applies for ILR? what if after the 22 months or so left, we are still in the shared house? would the application be in doubt for ILR because we have been living in a shared house?

Would they see this as un suitable living conditions?

Realy need advise on this.

Many thanks.

Scotty.....................................

Also for safety's sake, don't put your wife's name on the council list, as this can be perceived as access to public funds. Just give them your name and then when you're offered a place you like, your wife can live there with you.

Scouse.