Ruby Murry Recommendations!.........

DirkGently

Have to admit, i loved the UK Style curries until i worked with an Indian guy for 4 years. His wife made food that was simply 'to die for' - it was as authentic as she could make it in Thailand, she has all the spices sent over from India (or brought over herself on one of her frequent visits to India) so i guess it was fairly close to what her mum would have made :D

Loved it all, it was totally veggie except for one chicken dish the hubby made - he was only allowed to eat meat when they were entertaining dinner guests :D

That sounds very similar to a couple of Gujarati extraction that I was friends with in the UK ... both sets of their parents were strictly vegetarian but I often smuggled chicken drumsticks into the house for them when they invited me around for dinner!!! :D The husband was a superb amateur chef and made what I can only describe as a biriani-style chicken with rice dish that was just awesome :o

I just went to one of the three Indian places I frequent in Suntec for lunch and am pleasanly satisfied with my meal for 6.50 Sing or about 2 pounds 50 pence

Pulao rice

Naan Bread

Yellow Daal

Cauliflower and potato curry

5 pieces of Chicken Tikka

Salad

Mint Sauce

Plain Yoghurt

Do not know if it was authentic but there were plenty of Indians eating it as usualy

Names please Prak - I feel a weekend mission coming on ... :o

I just went to one of the three Indian places I frequent in Suntec for lunch and am pleasanly satisfied with my meal for 6.50 Sing or about 2 pounds 50 pence

Pulao rice

Naan Bread

Yellow Daal

Cauliflower and potato curry

5 pieces of Chicken Tikka

Salad

Mint Sauce

Plain Yoghurt

Do not know if it was authentic but there were plenty of Indians eating it as usualy

Names please Prak - I feel a weekend mission coming on ... :o

Its in the basement food court - the only Indian there.

There are two other good ones s well both Vegetarian that I do to.

One on the 2nd floor next where thereare a lot of restaurants such as Thai, Turkish, Vietnamse and the Japanese buffet place that the singaporeans go crazy at/over - Kuishin bo. This indian is about 5-6 dollars a meal.

Then there is the vegetarian buffet at Bombay Cafe which comes to about 15 dollars

Go to India and eat a real curry then you'll never want to even hear about a "UK Curry"

That reminds me of someone who said his pal could not stand the food in India and could not wait to get back to Glasgow for a "Real" curry :o

I loved the food in India when was there - except their version of hot and sour soup was a bit strange in the Asian fusion restaurant in Le Meridien in Bangalore - it threw my Thai colleague even more.

My Indian pal, myself and his GF ate at the food centre on the 5th floor of MBK and he enjoye the Indian food there (He is very anglophile though and has had full English and roast beef dinners with me)

Singapore colleagues have been known to take an extra bag full of noodles etc on longer trips to India but they are like that.

I will be in Birmingham later this month for just over a week - I have never sampled curry there so am looking forward to it.

In Brum I have always loved the Sher Khan on Stratford road - great Balti

I have not really had a British style curry in Bangkok although I have had several good authentic ones.

My personal favourite is Passand on Sukhumvit but I have found Bollywood and Indian Hut to be good as well.