Retirement Requirements

This was from the RTC in Hull website, it seems to differ from the common belief here about where the bank money should be

and to be honest, if your pension can be paid into a UK bank why can't your cash be there also ???

any thoughts

here is the text copied direct from the website

The current financial requirements are the equivalent to an income of 800,000 baht per annum or 65,000 baht per month. Applicants who do not receive an income / pension must be able to demonstrate that they have an amount equivalent to 800,000 baht in a bank account. Monies do not have to be paid into or held in a Thai bank.

This was from the RTC in Hull website, it seems to differ from the common belief here about where the bank money should be

and to be honest, if your pension can be paid into a UK bank why can't your cash be there also ???

any thoughts

here is the text copied direct from the website

The current financial requirements are the equivalent to an income of 800,000 baht per annum or 65,000 baht per month. Applicants who do not receive an income / pension must be able to demonstrate that they have an amount equivalent to 800,000 baht in a bank account. Monies do not have to be paid into or held in a Thai bank.

A lot of the information on that website is wrong.

To get a years extension based on retirement the money has to be in a Thai bank for at least 3 months.

I was also told that the money had to be proven to come from outside Thailand when in a Thai Bank account.

When I went to get my retirement Visa in October, the Immigration Officer told me it didn't matter where it came from as long as it was in a Thai Bank account for a minimum of 3 months.

They only needed a letter from the bank and a copy of the bank book, as long as there was 800,000 baht in there the Visa was issued.

I think certain Immigration Offices must have their own policies.

For an extension of stay, issued by Immigration, it must be in Thailand. For a one year non immigrant OA visa (issued by London) it does not have to be in Thailand.

It does not get much clearer than below, from Police Order 606/2006:

Having the records of saving

money in the latest 3 months of

account book of any Bank in

Thailand not less than 800,000

Baht

((Sunbelt translation))
Account deposit with a bank in

Thailand of not less than Baht

800,000 as shown in bank

account transactions for the

past 3 months;

((Immigration translation))

Just curious about the following:

If somebody abroad (outside TH) opens an account with a branch of the TFB (Kbank) or BBL, of which there are many, would these deposits be considered as being with a Thai bank acceptable by immigration?

opalhort