Financial

I don't know if any one will know the answer to this,

As I have stated in previous posts I feel I don't have enough financial proof at this time to support my partners application, though with some time constraints (baby on the way) I want to speed things up, what I want is to get my end of the year tax forms (i think they are p60) as proof of the last five years earning's as this will I think support my application,does any one know how you go about re-getting these as unfortunately after a split from my ex 18 months ago she threw a lot of my stuff away.

Thanks

sorry guys scrub that last one just gone through some more stuff in hope that the ex had not chucked them and she hadn't after all which is a result.

Though I do have another two questions now;

Do the Thia visa place give you your documents back again ? as I think I will send originals unless advised not to.

Does any one know a good way of getting documents to Thailand ? I have quite a lot now with all my details on so i want to make sure it gets there !!!!

Documents to LOS ? I use FedEx both ways. About Bt900 an envelope from LOS, not sure from the UK now but you can check online. You can use UPS but they have less agents IMHO.

Use normal post at your peril. I lost a packet sent to me which arrived at the same time as another but only received one card. Collected one and weeks later weas told about the other one (did not know it was coming). Went to the post office, they had a record but they said they returned it to sender which was impossible as the sender told me they did not put a return address on it !

If I'm paying, I send stuff to Thailand by "Royal Mail International Signed For" and, touch wood, have never had a package go missing, although it takes anything up to ten days to get to some places in the boonies. If the client wants a quicker service (and is paying :o ), I use DHL which starts at £43.00 for a package under 500g and works its way up from there. The quickest I've had a DHL parcel reach Bangkok from the UK is two days.

Scouse.

thanks guys, I don't know if any one new do the visa center give you back your documents when the applicant goes to collect there passport ?

Also one other thing I now have the last five years wages slips ending in January 2007 when I then went traveling I don't have the same bank account now and due to a split with my ex and her running my account into an over draft, I only have one bank statement with this new account, what I am getting at is that with the lack of bank statements will a supporting letter from my new employer with the previous five years wage slips and a letter from my self explaining all of this going to be good enough ???

Edited by bread

No-one can say for sure that it will be good enough, but if the circumstances are explained to the visa officer's satisfaction, there is no reason why it shouldn't be. Bear in mind that such applications are governed by the Immigration Rules and nowhere does it prescribe that you have to have had a bank account for at least six months, and nowhere does it prescribe a set time for which the sponsor should have been in employment. It is simply a question of whether, on the date of application, the requirements of the Rules are met.

Scouse.

thanks again scouse you speedy response as always is appreciated !

You say that;

"such applications are governed by the Immigration Rules and nowhere does it prescribe that you have to have had a bank account for at least six months, and nowhere does it prescribe a set time for which the sponsor should have been in employment. It is simply a question of whether, on the date of application, the requirements of the Rules are met."

sorry to be a bit silly on this one but how would you find out then what these predefined rules were to insure that you were meeting the relevant criteria ?

I will have at the point of application about 3500 or just over in my account with i think 2 statements. I guess I just don't want to apply then fail as the application is expensive the other thing is as my partner is pregnant surly this must go in my favor as in some way if my partner was denied entry in turn my child is and that must be effecting my rights some were along the line?

sorry one other thing again, do you get you original documents back?

Edited by bread

The Immigration Rules.

Fiancées are governed by paragraph 290:-

290. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner are that:

(i) the applicant is seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom for marriage or civil partnership to a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; and

(ii) the parties to the proposed marriage or civil partnership have met; and

(iii) each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner after the marriage or civil partnership ; and

(iv) adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds will be available for the applicant until the date of the marriage or civil partnership ; and

(v) there will, after the marriage or civil partnership, be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

(vi) the parties will be able after the marriage or civil partnership to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and

(vii) the applicant holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.

Scouse.

Thanks again,

I guess it kind of comes down to the individual assessor to make up there own minds and interpret the guide lines as they will so I guess I will have to crack on and just see, as I think I am starting to find out the visa process in all its forms is a up hill struggle,

Thanks bread

Edited by bread