Thai Airways - Any Consolidators In Thailand

jimmym40

I think I know the answer (no). But thought I'd give it a try.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Thailand where you can purchase discounted Thai Airways tickets. Back in the USA there are "consolidators" (travel agencies) that sell the tickets cheaper than you can purchase online or direct from Thai. I've been doing this for the past 20 years on my tickets from LAX to BKK. Savings anywhere from $100 to $200 R/T.

Any here in Thailand?

Some TA's here have access to fare buckets which TG might have already sold out. Having said that, fares will be ~ 30% - 50% cheaper in the U.S.A., if originating travel in the USA. Consolidators in the USA save me ~ 25%, my most recent USA-BKK-USA fare on UA (a W fare, upgradeable with certificates) was ~ $1,050 (best fare from UA: ~ 1,450), so less than 35,000 THB. A comparable BKK-USA-BKK fare would be ~ 60,000 THB.

Without a better understanding of your travel requirements it is difficult to come up more constructive recommendations.

Do you fly solely between the USA and BKK? Do you have to fly TG? Do you care about mileage accrual? Mileage/certificate upgrades? What class of service do you normally purchase? How many trips per year? Length of stays? What is your base currency?

You can check fare bucket availability at www seatcounter com , and published fares at www itasoftware com