Soi Dog Repellent Wanted

stupidfalang

Does anybody have a way of keeping the SoiDogs out? One of those killed my cat the other day and seriously pissed me off...

The problem is that there are quite a few of them and the Mia doesn’t allow me to send them to nirvana. Any way to scare them never to come back. Some kind of spray maybe some spice mixtures. Get my drift.

Heard that Tiger shit is an excellent repellent but how to get it? Any idea is welcome.

Does anybody have a way of keeping the SoiDogs out? One of those killed my cat the other day and seriously pissed me off...

The problem is that there are quite a few of them and the Mia doesn’t allow me to send them to nirvana. Any way to scare them never to come back. Some kind of spray maybe some spice mixtures. Get my drift.

Heard that Tiger shit is an excellent repellent but how to get it? Any idea is welcome.

Drink lots of Tiger, then shit :o

But seriously, a long time ago there was a long thread on here about getting rid of soi dogs - some different methods, various sprays and other means of discouraging them. It would be a long search if you have the time.

One thing is, though, that if you are in a community of Thai families, you may find it very difficult to get rid of the things, because they are used as an early warning device for unwanted intruders.

you can have tiger shit in crocodile farm ! they have many in cage

Was it wearing a helmet and riding a motorbike? seriously dude your pissed but its a bit like saying a saw a cockroach in my kitchen last night does anybody have a way....

by the way you gotta get a bigger cat, my now dead cat was HUGE and killed the doberman next door.. He choked on it

Edited by zorro1

There's the place on Soi Buakhaow to report stray dogs but I don't know the number.

If you find it and 'phone them they'll take any dogs away that aren't collared and tagged. Our condo manager did just that just a few weeks ago and now our soi is a little quieter.

I saw something on here a while back that would stop dogs barking. It was an electronic device, that when detecting barking noises, would emit a high frequency sound that dogs don't like. So similar to Pavlow's dogs, they learnt not to bark to avoid the noise. The poster could set a small delay on the device, so the dogs could enjoy the odd "recreational" bark, but if it persisted, the noise would set in.

I would guess that this device also would work to get the dogs to move away, since if barking is no longer enjoyable, they would not like to stay in the area. I think the device was bought in Australia, but I am sure a google search will find it. Or try to find the thread on here, and PM the poster.

Good luck!

Soi and neighbours dogs used to crap outside our gate I have used bleach(DUCK RA2), ground pepper(large bags very cheap in the supermarkets) and also small mothballs, but not at the same time, with good effect, it also stopped the neighbours cat from crapping within our outside house area. If all else fails rat poison in rice or other food is a permanent solution!!

The problem is that there are quite a few of them and the Mia doesn't allow me to send them to nirvana. Any way to scare them never to come back. Some kind of spray maybe some spice mixtures. Get my drift.

You can't really blame the soi dogs for killing your cat.... For it to be killed, your cat must've been roaming around, and not kept indoors or in a cat run. :o

Proper fencing/gates also fixes the problem of soi dogs coming onto your property :D