Another Criminal Record Check Question.

Hi all,

After I receive my non immigrant B visa I will be bringing a criminal background check to Thailand for my work permit application.

I have a (USA) misdemeanor for the possession of marijuana. The charge is six years old. Does anyone know if this will bar me from getting a work permit? All my other requirements will be in proper order. I appreciate any responses you may give. I've searched the forums but haven't found a direct answer to this question. Thanks.

I was in a similar situation as you and applied for a apec card (google it) and turns out you got to be almost a mass murderer to have any visa or permit declined. The powers that be cleared my app. and so did every other country on the list including my own, Australia

Edited by zorro1

I was in a similar situation as you and applied for a apec card (google it) and turns out you got to be almost a mass murderer to have any visa or permit declined. The powers that be cleared my app. and so did every other country on the list including my own, Australia

Doesn't Australia have some type of program where old convictions are removed from your record? The US does not have this. Maybe your record came back clean from Australia if your conviction was long enough ago.

Yes its automatic after 5 years. You wouldnt be declined a visa to my knowledge for pot possesion of non commercial quantities but I may be wrong. Would that conviction stop you getting employment in USA? if not I doubt it would anywhere else