Thaivisa Pissup 2008 In Phuket

thaigerd

Happy to go paying or not, prefer not Patong though although we will suffer it for a night in the spirit of sharing!

Instead of looking for a freebie maybe we could team up with Thai visa, if they can get some sponsorship and we could organise a charity night?

We get a pi** up, feel good about ourselves for helping someone or something less fortunate and get a few brownie points in the Karma stakes. Winners all round.

Happy to go paying or not, prefer not Patong though although we will suffer it for a night in the spirit of sharing!

Instead of looking for a freebie maybe we could team up with Thai visa, if they can get some sponsorship and we could organise a charity night?

We get a pi** up, feel good about ourselves for helping someone or something less fortunate and get a few brownie points in the Karma stakes. Winners all round.

This Saturday old Stafford of Mikes Bikes is throwing an Aussie barbecue at his new Rawai Sports complex. It's up behind Lemon gas. If going from Rawai Beach to Chalong circle, take the left just after Lemon gas and where that road then forks, stay right. Go on up the hill and you'll see the sign.

http://www.phuketgazette.com/calendar/deta...86&u=201221

Might be fun; music, food, drinks, he has all kinds of games, pool, pentanque, volleyball, tennis. Bring the whole family.

Maybe we won't call it the TV pissup, but hope to see some of you guys there.

This is not an ad for that, just a suggestion of something that is already happening that maybe we all might enjoy.

Cheers, HB

This thread is turning into the most disagreable one of the lot. How <deleted> difficult is it to ask everyone if they want a TV party? Just a yes or no. Sweet Geez. EASY!

My vote. YES.

Buckwheat will take notes, program the bbq truck for a date and then they both magically appear. HE JUST WANTS TO KNOW HOW MANY YES AND HOW MANY NO!

Well that's not correct. People are being asked to select an appropriate venue as well. I would happily arrange it, but since I am not currently in Phuket, it is not possible. If this hasn't been arranged by May (when I return), then I will happily organise everything within 24 hours (the arangements and a fixed date for the function), because I can think of several ideal venues, but it needs a personal approach to the proprietor.

In the meantime, someone such as yourself is welcome to take up the reins and drive this thing forward. My earlier suggestion of a consensus on venue is valid, but past history dictates that dates and venues are never convenient with everyone and things tend to get bogged down. It may be better to just find an appropriate location and plan it. You will find that people will come out of the woodwork once it is fully organised. I would like to be there, but if it is going to be before May 10, then no problem, I will just catch up with some people who are around at the time. Just bear in mind that Buckwheat/Thaivisa have made no commitment to an official TV function and whoever takes it on will need to liaise with Buckwheat (PM) before setting anything in concrete.

E: Clarification

Edited by Ping

good post Ping.

remember, folks, that the whole Thai Visa 'thing' is voluntary. most of us have 'real' jobs too and just dont have the time to look for 27 different venues and then do a survey to find out the most popular one.

another thing to remember is that phuket is a small island. its only an hour or so from one end to the other, so any location in the centre(ish) will be a suitable one. it is difficult to get a proprietor to agree to the terms that we have (such as bringing our own food ie. ribs) and to find a place that is big enough to accommodate us.

as i have said many times, it takes little effort to just say on the forum 'ok, im gonna be at such and such a place this friday night - who would like to come along and meet me'. very informal, no need to arrange anything, and there is no need to RSVP. we did this a couple of times when i was in phuket and bangkok and it worked well.

there is a pissup planned for chiang mai, and i am sure that buckwheat has his hands full arranging this (yes, it takes ages to prepare those scrummy ribs) so please have some patience.

Bravo, Donna!

Let me make a start. From around 8pm on Friday 21st March 2008 (that's not this Friday, but the next one) I shall be on the 2 Black Sheep Bar in Patong (can't remember the name of the road, but it's just along from the boxing stadium). They have great music there and it's a nice place to watch the world go by.

With me I shall have Mrs Sadman, my eldest daughter and her boyfriend, and I should be pleased to purchase ale for any of you who happen along there.

If you are of a more discerning character and wouldn't be seen dead in my company - fine. I'm still going to be there.

PS Chantal - I shall email you separately and we'll come down and see you.

Bravo, Donna!

Let me make a start. From around 8pm on Friday 21st March 2008 (that's not this Friday, but the next one) I shall be on the 2 Black Sheep Bar in Patong (can't remember the name of the road, but it's just along from the boxing stadium). They have great music there and it's a nice place to watch the world go by.

With me I shall have Mrs Sadman, my eldest daughter and her boyfriend, and I should be pleased to purchase ale for any of you who happen along there.

If you are of a more discerning character and wouldn't be seen dead in my company - fine. I'm still going to be there.

Thanks for your start!!!

Count me in please, 21st March...........same place where we've met some moons ago.

See you,

Gerd

Who's the next one???

**JUST AN IDEA**

How about the new place in Rawai Beach. The name is Candy Bar on the Beach, and they could accomodate the lot I am sure :D .

I am in no way affiliated with said bar :o , I just went there this weekend, and it has a great crowd, and a great breeze. Few Tourists, and good music, fewer LAWS. Across from Nikita's (sp)

It is set up to have a larger gathering in the back, and has a nice balanced pool table.

I have to leave soon for Japan (for a while), but I would love to put some names to faces.

We could have it catered from different places that everyone owns. I am no party planner, but I think it is very important to at least know your neighbors. Or maybe I just love to wave at people.

~a~

good idea sadman. now THATS how you get to meet people! im sure you will have a few people show up. two black sheep is a good place, good location (can park at jungceylon) and they have good music.

i wish i was there to meet you all again, but you will have to have one in my memory! enjoy guys. im sure you will have a great night.

This Saturday old Stafford of Mikes Bikes is throwing an Aussie barbecue at his new Rawai Sports complex. It's up behind Lemon gas. If going from Rawai Beach to Chalong circle, take the left just after Lemon gas and where that road then forks, stay right. Go on up the hill and you'll see the sign.

http://www.phuketgazette.com/calendar/deta...86&u=201221

Might be fun; music, food, drinks, he has all kinds of games, pool, pentanque, volleyball, tennis. Bring the whole family.

Maybe we won't call it the TV pissup, but hope to see some of you guys there.

This is not an ad for that, just a suggestion of something that is already happening that maybe we all might enjoy.

Cheers, HB

HB,

As a newbie on the island and an Aussie I saw his sign at the 7/11 - sounds like a good night so me and the mrs will be there as well mainly to meet people and maybe indulge a little. Wont be wearing a pink carnation but hope to stagger into a few TVers just the same.

Bravo, Donna!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Typical Ockors.

Pizzzzzup on Good Friday.......... LOL

Wish I could get there.

Cheers, Happy Hoppy Easter, guyz and galz.