Fun After Dark

I am considering returning to the island in a few weeks for some holidays and I'd like an update on what's on as for nightlife. I have been missing for a couple of years.

What is the current closing time of pubs and discos?

Is Soy Green Mango the hot spot in Chaweng at night? and is Solo bar still open after-hour?

Some days a week Arc Bar (is the spelling correct?) used to throw a beach party, still the case?

What about the Reggae disco?

Any fresh info is appreciated.

It's worth checking out what nights are on at Sound. Had the best night out ever in Samui when the Freestylers played there a little while back. Also keep an eye out for posters advertising upcoming international DJs - Lake View, Q Bar, Sound and Solo are the main venues, but sometimes events are staged elsewhere...

iirc majority of bars close at 2, although I think the mango was open 'til 3 last time I was there.

late night spots chaweng:

solo

sound

late night spots lamai:

fusion

seed

lek bar

you might notice a difference in solo bar if you've not been for a while.

Strong rumours going around that a 2am curfue will be imposed soon, 2 reasons floating around, 1 being that Bangkok police want the tea money and will be sending there own officers to collect it from bars open after 2am.

No.2 is that the Sound bar want all the bars closed at 2am, so that everyone then goes to Sound as they pay tea money already.

Strong rumours going around that a 2am curfue will be imposed soon, 2 reasons floating around, 1 being that Bangkok police want the tea money and will be sending there own officers to collect it from bars open after 2am.

No.2 is that the Sound bar want all the bars closed at 2am, so that everyone then goes to Sound as they pay tea money already.

It's already being enforced since last night. And your two reasons for closing the bars are far from the truth. This is more about a moral crusade, has little to do with tea money........

It's already being enforced since last night. And your two reasons for closing the bars are far from the truth. This is more about a moral crusade, has little to do with tea money........

Moral crusade? Please explain.

Moral crusade? Please explain.

The previous Thaksin government and also the CNS have both been following a nanny state agenda, this sits well with many conservative thai voters. When Purachai was interior minister he put and end to late night partying and tried to chaneg thailands image as a late night anything goes party place.

I see closing late night venues and telling us when to go to bed as a moral crusade and is closley linked to the war on drugs, even though the vast majority of patrons visiting nightclubs have nothing to do with drugs and simply enjoy a few drinks, some music and a bit of dancing.

• 2 weeks later...
iirc majority of bars close at 2, although I think the mango was open 'til 3 last time I was there.

solo

sound

late night spots lamai:

fusion

seed

lek bar

g4s,

what difference are you refering too in solo bar? No more half indoor/half open air disco with

a mix of thai and falang crowd 'til the wee hours?

solo

sound

late night spots lamai:

fusion

seed

lek bar

g4s,

what difference are you refering too in solo bar? No more half indoor/half open air disco with

a mix of thai and falang crowd 'til the wee hours?

well, first time I went to solo, it was just a modest indoor bar/club with a little bit outside.

now the outdoor bit is massive.