The Cheapest Small, Flat And Basic Cellphone

freitag1

My cell phone just broke (well I broke it while jumping around hunting a mosquito). But that's alright its about time to get a new one anyway.

I'm looking for a small, very flat and basic cellphone. Cheap would be cool as well. It should be able to do only these three things:

- Make calls

- Write Sms

- Wake me up (Alarm function)

I realized I don't need anything else. I have all sorts of other technical toys with me most of the time anyway.

Has anyone spotted a phone like this in Pantip or Fortune Town?

Thanks for the suggestions.

My budget is 10.000 THB, the problem I have is that all the cheap phones are full of features I don't need at all. I usually run around with my backpack full with 12" laptop, digi cam and mp3 player so I just want a Knight Rider like watch that I can talk to. Small it just got to be small and does the job.

Oh my god I found what I want http://mymobilewatch.com/M500new/index.php

Anyone saw this somewhere?

Edited by freitag1

My "loan to friend's on holiday" phone is a Nokia 1200, light very simple to use, big display with date & time. cost is abouy 990 Baht. Does all you need, very small and does in fact bounce!

I just received for my Birthday from a Thai a LG "KG285, very thin, very light, all black with large screen and large keys. Does all you need an more. 700 Baht.

It was designed to be an introductory phone in India, thus the low promotional price. Directions are in Thai and there is no English owners manual, but simple operations are easily figured out.

Have had many Nokias and like this one the best so far due to its lightness and thin confirguration but still large keys and display.

You would have to shop for it by model and maker I suspect. It was bought in

Chiang mai.

I found what I will be buying. The Nokia 2630 goes for 3.500 THB here.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4405218

That is a really nice phone: thin, light, FM radio, still/video camera/recorder, MP3 ringtones, GPRS/EDGE/Bluetooth, email, PIM, browsing, games and a ton more cool features. This would seem to have just about everything you could need. Good find. This is a relatively new model for Thailand, should be able to find it for 3,250 THB but prices hold firm for the first 60 days of availability here.

The new Nokia 1208 is probably a better to match to your original requirements? 1,250 THB.