Hong Kong 1-yr Non-imm Multi B Situation?

They are reputed to be tough there. You can try for a multiple, but a single is more likely. Good luck.

Thanks. And if they give only only a single, you think I should take that and re-apply for one-yr multiple when I get to the States in a few months? I wondering if the single in my passport would somehow prejudice my getting approval for the multiple later. I'd be showing documents from the same firm.

And do some people get 3-4 consecutive singles such that they add up to one-yr multiple?

Appreciate your advice.

They are reputed to be tough there.  You can try for a multiple, but a single is more likely. Good luck.

Thanks. And if they give only only a single, you think I should take that and re-apply for one-yr multiple when I get to the States in a few months? I wondering if the single in my passport would somehow prejudice my getting approval for the multiple later. I'd be showing documents from the same firm.

And do some people get 3-4 consecutive singles such that they add up to one-yr multiple?

Appreciate your advice.

Hold off, if you can, and apply by mail at Houston when in the US of A. Much friendlier Consulate for your purpose

Hold off, if you can, and apply by mail at Houston when in the US of A. Much friendlier Consulate for your purpose

But to wait til I get to US in two months, meantime I would need to do two border runs. Would that not look good in passport when I apply for non-imm B multiple? I'm wondering if I should be concerned about these border run stamps.

Thanks much again.

But to wait til I get to US in two months, meantime I would need to do two border runs. Would that not look good in passport when I apply for non-imm B multiple? I'm wondering if I should be concerned about these border run stamps.

Thanks much again.

Or I suppose I could apply in HK for two-month tourist visa to tide me over, but again, I'm not sure how that looks right before I apply for a non-imm B multiple.

Thanks

Thanks much again.

It won't be too hard. It was your holiday time. :o

Thanks much again.

Sir, if it was you, and your foremost concern was to make sure nothing prejudices approval of your non-imm B multiple when you arrive in the US in two months, would you in meantime;

-- apply for multiple in HK, and take the single-entry if no multiple granted

-- apply in HK only for two-month tourist visa

-- do two border runs

(HK because I have other things I can do there also.)

Thank you for your help.

Thanks much again.

Sir, if it was you, and your foremost concern was to make sure nothing prejudices approval of your non-imm B multiple when you arrive in the US in two months, would you in meantime;

-- apply for multiple in HK, and take the single-entry if no multiple granted

-- apply in HK only for two-month tourist visa

-- do two border runs

(HK because I have other things I can do there also.)

Thank you for your help.

They are notoriosly uncooperative in HongKong. A single Non B will not raise an eyebrow in Houston.