...bringing Your Food With You - The Most Unnecessary Iems ;)

khun_j

i just read the topic which canadian food items you can get here and was so remembering our time moving to bkk...

we were not sure if we could get our child´s favourite food here and filled half the container with it (ok, only a biiiig a cardboard box ;O))

guess what it was?

plain, simple pasta :o))))

every time i go to a supermarket and see the shelves filled with different kids of pasta, i remember our pasta-box and have to smile :D

am i standing alone or are you smiling at some shelves as well? :D

Probably helps if you have visited the country before you decide to move here.

The only thing I brought was teabgs, lots of them. Why can you not buy decent tea here? The supermarkets could make a killing.

It's like a black market now, whispered deals going on in the bars 'wanna buy some PG Tips'

• 1 month later...

I started the topic 'which canadian food items you can get here' I agree that

Probably helps if you have visited the country before you decide to move here

unfortunately, jobs, and work transfers don't always allow the time for 'visiting' a new country before you move there.

This is why I rely on the help of strangers in forums like these. I have learned so much and appreciate the time and effort these 'strangers' have given to help answer my questions.

From what I have learned, I can find just about anything in Bangkok that I will need! This is great! I was just more concerned for the changes in the first couple of months that my children will endure! I now understand that there should be no problem.

I was just concerned for my family as I'm sure you were too,

with bringing your

child´s favourite food here and filled half the container with it (ok, only a biiiig a cardboard box ;O))