Wireless Router With My Tot Dsl Modem

Dustoff

I have a good quality Linksys Wireless-G broadband router that I have used before on another computer so am pretty sure it is functional.

I hooked up from my TOT DSL modem to the Linksys router to my network port and I cannot connect to the internet. I ran the CD that came with the router but it could not access the internet either.

Has anyone else run into this before? Is there something I need to know about configuring anything special to use this router with TOT's DSL modem? I am comiing from my laptop (WinXP) which is working well and trying to hook my stepson up with wireless internet.

Thanks in advance..

I have a good quality Linksys Wireless-G broadband router that I have used before on another computer so am pretty sure it is functional.

I hooked up from my TOT DSL modem to the Linksys router to my network port and I cannot connect to the internet. I ran the CD that came with the router but it could not access the internet either.

Has anyone else run into this before? Is there something I need to know about configuring anything special to use this router with TOT's DSL modem? I am comiing from my laptop (WinXP) which is working well and trying to hook my stepson up with wireless internet.

Thanks in advance..

First check the integrity of the LAN cable connections between the router and the modem. If you are using an ZyXEL modem like I am, the connector they use a little sketchy. I have to plug-replug my cable to get it to seat right.

If you have a good connection and your wireless router is good, it should connect. I don't think there is anything special you have to but trying turning the modem off for five minutes to reset things. Good Luck!

Other then the True Internet Router/modems, are the ToT routers combi's configuration to bridged mode. So by simple login to your ToT router and switch it from Bridged mode to PPPOe mode. (check if the two network devices have not the same IP address and off you go)

RESOLVED

This was a tough one! The issue wasn't that I couldn't get wireless access for my stepson but that simply putting the wireless router between my TOT modem and my computer shut down MY access.

Turns out that the Linksys router by default just happened to have the same IP address as my TOT modem and they were in total conflict. I can't tell you how many hours it took before I finally figured that out.. Once I got into the control panel of the wireless router (not easy since the modem control panel used the same address) and changed the IP address a notch, all is going well indeed and my stepson is thrilled.

Life is a learning experience, ain't it?