Retired American Looking For Friends

SueLedet

Hi, I'm a retired American woman living in Phuket since October and going crazy with no friends. Looking for someone to have over for coffee, shop with and meet for lunch occasional gossip. Sue

Edited by SueLedet

Hi, I'm a retired American woman living in Phuket since October and going crazy with no friends. Looking for someone to have over for coffee, shop with and meet for lunch occasional gossip. Sue

Hi Sue,

I don't really know how to direct you as I am a working stiff that spends his weekends on the beach. I'd say, look at the Phuket Gazette Events Calendar, and go to something that interests you. There you will then at least meet people with similar interests.

http://www.phuketgazette.com/calendar/index.asp

Best of luck to you, sorry there are not a lot of responses.

Cheers, HB

Hi Sue,

It's my second year in Phuket and I still don't have very many good friends... lot's of acquaintances, but not many firm. From my experience it's very easy to meet people, but not always the right types!

I'm over the other side of the island from you, Surin/Cherngtalay way. Pretty busy through the week days, but have some free time evenings and at the weekends. If you fancy meeting up for lunch or a beer some time give me a shout, send me a PM or whatever and we'll sort something out. I do have other interests as well as surfing, so don't worry I won't just be spinning yarns about the time I was out at 30ft Waimea Bay, wiped out and got drilled on the inside! :o

Take it easy, cheers.

//Bob

The retired folks I know volunteer at various charities anywhere from a few hours to several days a week. Even if you are wheelchair bound, those charities usually welcome responsible reliable people. You might find some wonderful folks at these social service organizations.

Hi Sue,

I don't really know how to direct you as I am a working stiff that spends his weekends on the beach. I'd say, look at the Phuket Gazette Events Calendar, and go to something that interests you. There you will then at least meet people with similar interests.

http://www.phuketgazette.com/calendar/index.asp

Best of luck to you, sorry there are not a lot of responses.

Cheers, HB

Huggy,

Don't be sorry, I've gotten quite a lot of Private Messages.

I try to buy a Phuket Gazette whenever I'm in Central Mall and I love it but thanks for that tidbit.

Sue

i lived on phuket for a couple of years and did find it hard to make friends. i did, however, meet some of the thai visa ladies, and they are a good bunch. keep your eye on the 'pissup' thread (which normally isnt a drunken mess - the ones ive been to have been quite civilised) as you will have the chance to meet many people there.

i think that there is a bunch of ladies who meet up at starbucks one morning a week but dont remember what day that is.

good luck!

Sue -

If you're the least bit interested in computers, come on by for one of the PC Group Therapy meetings, Sunday mornings from 10:00 to noon. I know it sounds geeky, but there are lots of interesting people, all nationalities, hugely diverse interests.

Next three Sundays (including today, as I type this) are in Chalong. Details in the Phuket Gazette Events Calendar.

Sue -

If you're the least bit interested in computers, come on by for one of the PC Group Therapy meetings, Sunday mornings from 10:00 to noon. I know it sounds geeky, but there are lots of interesting people, all nationalities, hugely diverse interests.

Next three Sundays (including today, as I type this) are in Chalong. Details in the Phuket Gazette Events Calendar.

Of course I'm reading this at almost 6:00pm on Sunday but I love computers and even taught classes at a real estate school a long while back. I will make the next meeting and thanks.....

Sue

Hi Sue,

Come to Krabi, I am from VA, USA, live in Krabi for the moment. I will take you to the good coffee, you will have many friends here.

Jasmine,

SUE

I am L.J. from TN. USA.... i have been to Thailand 3 times now...LOVE IT..maybe we can chat some if you want...I plan to retire there soon...I am in the military now..let me know if you want to talk maybe coffee some day....im on yahoo...joedrew59 ok???

Sue -

Of course I'm reading this at almost 6:00pm on Sunday but I love computers and even taught classes at a real estate school a long while back. I will make the next meeting and thanks.....

Sue