Samsung D880 Duo Sim, Where To Buy Pattaya?

funfun

Got a few internet/ phones qestions,

this is the low down,

Got an iphone, great phone but not campatible with just about any other phone or computor!

so thinking of changing to the samsung d880 twin duel that im told can have both on at same time, reasons for this are

have my thai sim in phone,

then buy a new special sim on internet package of 1000 1 month unlimitedv internet dial up, to bluetooth to my acer laptop!

now that would solve all problems internet etc?????

has anyone got d880 conected to computor and is it easy, stores tel nos etc easy dial up internet via blooth, charges from laptop via usb that general stuff

and ob best prices and place to buy in Pattaya!

Many thanks

chris

this is the low down,

Got an iphone, great phone but not campatible with just about any other phone or computor!

so thinking of changing to the samsung d880 twin duel that im told can have both on at same time, reasons for this are

then buy a new special sim on internet package of 1000 1 month unlimitedv internet dial up, to bluetooth to my acer laptop!

has anyone got d880 conected to computor and is it easy, stores tel nos etc easy dial up internet via blooth, charges from laptop via usb that general stuff

Many thanks

chris

Available in TukCom Pattaya at abt. 12500 Baht. I doubt it'll be easy to do what you want with it, if at all possible!

Samsung phones are already hard to figure out how to use, not very intuitive at all!

But in your case I'd rather keep the iphone, and buy a dedicated GPRS/EDGE aircard for your laptop, including a dedicated simcard for the internet.

No cables, nothing, just fire up your laptop and connect!

"But in your case"

you trying to say im not very up on electronics Monty? like i'm fick???

Thanks monty, might have to go down that road you suggest, theres a guy comes in bar everyday who is very good at this sort of thing, can sort of say oh i cant gat this working and an hour latter hes gone shopping fixed it all working again, he's done it and were drinking, jobs a good one, but hes in uk for 3/4 months!

cheers

chris

this is the low down,

Many thanks

chris

Samsung phones are already hard to figure out how to use, not very intuitive at all!

No do not listen 2 him he doesn't know. I just bought one and it is by far the easiest phone i have ever used and was over the moon to replace my quirky Motorola Krzr. If you truly need a dual sim its the perfect phone easy to use with a 2.4" hi def screen and 3mega pix camera. Although havnt a clue if you can use it as a modem but here is the link to the manual. enjoy http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/...GH-D880_Eng.pdf

Edited by zorro1

========================================================================

Available in TukCom Pattaya at abt. 12500 Baht.

========================================================================

Power Buy in tuk com has them ... 12,900 baht.

No do not listen 2 him he doesn't know. I just bought one and it is by far the easiest phone i have ever used and was over the moon to replace my quirky Motorola Krzr. If you truly need a dual sim its the perfect phone easy to use with a 2.4" hi def screen and 3mega pix camera. Although havnt a clue if you can use it as a modem but here is the link to the manual. enjoy http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/...GH-D880_Eng.pdf

Does it work well with 2 SIMs? Do you need to switch from one to the other or is it automatic?

Does it work well with 2 SIMs? Do you need to switch from one to the other or is it automatic?

Its auto so you can receive calls on both without switching however you have to set one as your PRIMARY for emails. The switch is easy just hit a button and the phone reboots.

Its auto so you can receive calls on both without switching however you have to set one as your PRIMARY for emails. The switch is easy just hit a button and the phone reboots.

Cheers. What about SMS? Does it handle them automatically?

Cheers. I've been looking at them on ebay and they're about £200 here in the UK. I have a D900 at the moment which I'm quite fond of and I'm very tempted by the D880 as a replacement.

keep in mind they are a bit bulkier than normal phones as they house 2 antennas and they wont win the style of the year award but really really do work very well every time. I live in Bkk in my biz in OZ so no need to lug around 2 phones. http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_d880_duos-reviews-2156p2.php Here is a user review thread as you will see its a love hate relationship.