Water Filters?where?

pluto_manibo

Can anyone recommend a good address to buy a water filtration device for a house? Not so much to drink the water but since our water is pumped up from a well, it has sand and sediments in it, which can clog up the pipes and leave residue in the showers, sinks and baths... Need better quality water! Also need a reliable plumber?? Not the plumber one day, bricklayer, secuirty guard, electrician, nuclear physicist the next day type.....A knowledgeable plumber? Anybody know?

:o

A large range of water filters are available in Tesco and all Homepro and similar hardware tool stores through out the country just go out and look!!

If you're getting sand maybe you're at the bottom of the water supply.Thats the only time my pump sucked up sand.

I have two filters on my water supply.

The first one has a single unit in clear plastic container and gets the sand and most of the fine mud out. The water is then good enough for washing. This unit is on the imput to my main tank. New filters 250 baht, last about 6 months.

The second unit has three filters, resin, carbon and then ceramic and provides water for drinking. The make is Turbora. Can be back flushed for cleaning.

I use it to refill the large bottles that go on the water cooler.

Check out the units in Home Pro or any good hardware store.

HomePro has the advantage that it is all on show, so you don't need to speak Thai.

Edited by astral

ok first you got to shorten the inlet pipe that goes into ur well by about 6 inches. next you need a tank and a main filter, so then ur sucking from the well and sending it thru ur main filter into the tank, 1,000 liter stainless tank 8,000baht, main filter from sukimvit 18,000baht. the shop is just past the orphanage on the same side, now u need another auto pump if ur tank isnt high enough to feed ur house, also if u want to drink this water u will need another filter for the drinking water tap, homepro and lotus have a good selection...

• 2 weeks later...

On SOuth Pattaya Road , approx 100 meters west of Suk Road on the south side of the street is a large tool and hardware shop. They sell a house filter for about 1500 baht.

CF will try to sell you a 3-filter system to make drinking water for your entire house water system fo 7,000 bhat and up. Skip them.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
I am looking for a replacement water filter for a PURE NUVO German made water dispenser originally bought at Carrrefour. Does anyone know where I can get them?

The company that is the distributor is Filtermart. They have a customer helpline 02 978 9000, which noone sees to answer but I had luck with another number, which I think is the head office number 02 885 8600. Press zero for operator or 1 for sales. Definitely there are several showrooms in Bangkok: there is one on the road to Bangna-trat, past Carrefour. On the same side of the road is a restaurant called "gor yor" and it's next to that. That showroom's number is 02 758 7744. I don't know about Pattaya, though, but a call to the head office should yield results.

The nuvo filter costs about 590 baht.

Can anyone recommend a good address to buy a water filtration device for a house? Not so much to drink the water but since our water is pumped up from a well, it has sand and sediments in it, which can clog up the pipes and leave residue in the showers, sinks and baths... Need better quality water! Also need a reliable plumber?? Not the plumber one day, bricklayer, secuirty guard, electrician, nuclear physicist the next day type.....A knowledgeable plumber? Anybody know?

:)

I would imagine your water comes from the well into a holding tank? If you are getting sand in the house it must need cleaning.

what is simple, cheap and works for large sediment is an inline filter between line from well into the tank:-

Like this

filter3.jpg