The Champions League 2008 Qf & Sf Draw

kopite

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic....asc&start=0

so was it a fix or not? if you cant access it this is what the post said;

Controversy surrounded the Champions League draw today after the full slate of quarter-final ties - including Liverpool v Arsenal, Manchester United v Roma and Chelsea v Fenerbahce - were predicted nearly two hours in advance on the internet.

Though there is no suggestion that anything untoward occurred, details of a supposedly 'rigged' draw emerged on various websites at 10.28am on Friday morning.

It was claimed that the odds of anyone guessing the full draw - including which quarter-final winners would be drawn against each other in the semi-finals - were 191/1.

A UEFA spokesman said: "There is no way the draw was rigged. This was a draw made in front of millions of television viewers and in front of the officials and management of all the club. I just don't see how that can be possible. The balls were not marked at all, they were put in the bowls and shuffled around before they were drawn. I was at the draw this morning and it was all done properly. I cannot understand how this happened."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/03/14/m...89520-20351088/

Edited by kopite

us getting roma prediction from me came true.

arse and liverpool should be a cracking quarter final, and we cannot meet another english side to the final.

i cannot see a repeat of 7-1 over roma they will be well up for revenge.

arse and liverpool should be a cracking quarter final, and we cannot meet another english side to the final.

yes and you can bet your own arse on that one; C. Ronaldo will be a guest of honour and treated accordingly when he'll grace the Olimpico (particularly after a derisory newspaper interview). Having said that, Man U is a clear favourite to get thru, much a stronger team and more experienced at this level. But we'll be mentally and physically geared towards the challenge, now we know them well and know what to expect at the Old Trafford ...... and who knows sometimes the underdog surprises the favourite.

It's a pity we've missed on the Reds (and their hooligans, aka Kops), we'll meet again eventually. Maybe in Moscow or much, much better still in next year final's venue; Rome 2009.

whaddaya fink, Kopite? :o

Edited by Sarge

yes and you can bet your own arse on that one; C. Ronaldo will be a guest of honour and treated accordingly when he'll grace the Olimpico (particularly after a derisory newspaper interview). Having said that, Man U is a clear favourite to get thru, much a stronger team and more experienced at this level. But we'll be mentally and physically geared towards the challenge, now we know them well and know what to expect at the Old Trafford ...... and who knows sometimes the underdog surprises the favourite.

It's a pity we've missed on the Reds (and their hooligans, aka Kops), we'll meet again eventually. Maybe in Moscow or much, much better still in next year final's venue; Rome 2009.

whaddaya fink, Kopite? :D

i really hope you knock united out. i really, really hope you will :D

i think they are underestimating roma. roma seem to have found some good form as of late, and im sure they will give united a run for their money.

liverpool dont have hooligans though sarge, we have casuals :o

• 3 weeks later...

P jockstar....I cant find it on foxsports? what time will it be in aus? grrrrrrrr

LOL but not funny...its 5.30am start.....

Edited by MiG16

P jockstar....I cant find it on foxsports? what time will it be in aus? grrrrrrrr

LOL but not funny...its 5.30am start.....

Had a look at their website and cant see it. But i reckon about the time you said. may be on SBS?