What breed of dog is best security to protect ones house in Thailand?

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Surely camera's are better than yapping dogs these days?

Not useful when they put a hat and mask on. 

A barking dog or 2 is definitely a deterrent. I saw a youtuber visit his gf's parents house in issan. Inside the yard 5 dogs come running over. Its a fine option for a security system

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Insurance only covers you if there are signs of forced entry. I hope no one here thinks this is good advice and tries to follow it.

Not giving advice, just stating facts.

And insurance ... what a joke.  Have you read some of those policies ... why bother.

7 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

Dogs lick their balls and butt hole in front of me. I will not allow that to snuggle up to me on the sofa or invite it to my bed. 

I love to eat pussy... some people like dick... if you do then I guess you are as disgusting as me or a dog. If not then you must have a very sad better half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i got robbed and got back 100 000...  so yeah... better to bother

23 yrs of insurance premiums I didn't pay ... not sure they can rob us of that amount.  

Good reason to upgrade.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

23 yrs of insurance premiums I didn't pay ... not sure they can rob us of that amount.  

Good reason to upgrade.

8000  bht a year, fire and theft insurance. Really not that much for peace of mind. Insurance has saved me from ruin more than once. The only insurance that sucks here in Thailand is health insurance. For that I am one of the lucky few. I have gvt social security. 

34 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The best watch-dog I ever had was an Akita. 

Down the road used to have one, it used to come over and chew on our sheep dog when it felt like it..  backed the car over it one day, tough....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

The Thai dog breed Bang Kaew is probably the best domestic guard dog for you.  They are both loving [BUT - only have one master] and exceedingly territorial.

A pure bred [with pedigree and Bang Kaew Kennel Club registration] is going to set you back about 10,000 baht and they need looking after.  My Bang Kaew is excellent but has to have top quality food and is regularly checked by the vet.  Expensive - yes, but Thais are very, very wary of Bang Kaews and will not go near where they are.   

If you have one they will be a great deterrent but be aware that you do not let them loose outside your property.  Anyone attempting to access your property could be subject to attack - and they do not let go!

a bit bad being stuck at home all the time?  no walks?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1