Toyota Vigo Truck

Sledge71

Does anyone know if Toyota is planning to release a new 4x4 auto Vigo anytime soon? It's been the same shape for years with very few changes that I know of.

I was at my garage the other day and the dealer said that a model change was coming in June based on the Tundra. He didn't sound very sure of himself though. Does anyone have any news of this or anything else? I want to change mine soon but would be annoyed if a new model came out within months of me changing.

Any information received with thanks..

Sledge

Does anyone know if Toyota is planning to release a new 4x4 auto Vigo anytime soon? It's been the same shape for years with very few changes that I know of.

I was at my garage the other day and the dealer said that a model change was coming in June based on the Tundra. He didn't sound very sure of himself though. Does anyone have any news of this or anything else? I want to change mine soon but would be annoyed if a new model came out within months of me changing.

Sledge

Don't think it will change anytime soon.. It's still the best selling pick-up so they really dont have a reason i think..

Btw i really don't think it looks out-dated. It could certainly could use some upgrades on the interior.

Btw it's been on the market for not more then 4 years.. Not that long at all. The Altis has been on the market since i believe 2001 with minor upgrades.

I want to change mine soon

Why, is it broken? What's the rush?

Also keep in mind that Toyota has a habit of doing a minor change not too long before the completely new model arrives. And then when the new model arrives, it typically retains the existing engine until when they finally update the engine as well.

BTW is the Vigo the best selling truck? I thought it was Isuzu? That one might be coming up to a complete model change as well.

Noticed a photo of the new Vigo a few weeks ago cannot remember where, not being interested in a Vigo...... Maybe they will have it at the BKK Motor show at the end of the month..

If I remember correct it was even more slab sided, and the front had small high up headlights more like long slits at the top

I want to change mine soon

Why, is it broken? What's the rush?

Also keep in mind that Toyota has a habit of doing a minor change not too long before the completely new model arrives. And then when the new model arrives, it typically retains the existing engine until when they finally update the engine as well.

BTW is the Vigo the best selling truck? I thought it was Isuzu? That one might be coming up to a complete model change as well.

Not looking to change right now - just maybe in six months..

I guess I was dreaming about http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/...toyota/ftx.html which will never happen :o

Vigo and Tundra have absolutely nothing in common.

In 4x4 segment Vigo outsells Isuzu like five to one. Isuzu is still big in 2wd, raised suspension category but Toyota has been outsellig them for many many months now.

Toyota to make low-tech pickup trucks in Thailand pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Sunday, 16 March 2008 var sburl5937 = window.location.href; var sbtitle5937 = document.title;var sbtitle5937=encodeURIComponent("Toyota to make low-tech pickup trucks in Thailand"); var sburl5937=decodeURI("http://www.independent-bangladesh.com/200803163267/business/toyota-to-make-low-tech-pickup-trucks-in-thailand.html"); sburl5937=sburl5937.replace(/amp;/g, "");sburl5937=encodeURIComponent(sburl5937);

Asia News Network . Hong Kong

Vigo and Tundra have absolutely nothing in common.

In 4x4 segment Vigo outsells Isuzu like five to one. Isuzu is still big in 2wd, raised suspension category but Toyota has been outsellig them for many many months now.

....apart from the manufacturer?

Sledge

Not sure if it's the 4x4s but one thing I 've heard is that there is a slight tweak coming up for Vigos - basically, the models that are currently 2-door but with seats in the back will have a small so-called "suicide door" option like some of the Nissan Navarra models do - i.e. smaller than a full-sized door, hinged at the back and opening the other way. So - 2 normal doors for the front seats and 2 smaller doors for the back seats.

Sledge

Not sure if it's the 4x4s but one thing I 've heard is that there is a slight tweak coming up for Vigos - basically, the models that are currently 2-door but with seats in the back will have a small so-called "suicide door" option like some of the Nissan Navarra models do - i.e. smaller than a full-sized door, hinged at the back and opening the other way. So - 2 normal doors for the front seats and 2 smaller doors for the back seats.

Hi

I heard the same rumbles when I was thinking of buying a vigo

Dave