Who Hasn't Left Thailand Since The Last Century?

prodriver

I enjoyed reading the replies to Sir Burr's question as to how long has Thailand been your home. Some of you folks have been here for ages. Out of interest, could I ask how many of you have not left Thailand since the last century?

I have only just made it, not having set foot outside the Kingdom since 1999.

The expat with the longest single stay in Thailand that I know of is Bernard Trink - From memory I think he hasn't been out of the Kingdom since the early 60s.

But that aside given that an increasing number of expats are using Thailand as a business base, flying in and out as business demands, then the longevity of any single stay for a lot of people who have made very successful lives in Thailand is meaningless.

I mean I know at least two expats that have lived in Thailand for over 20 years and have never been outside of Pattaya.

Last time I left Thailand was Mid 1995, on final visa run before going onto Non-imm O extensions based on marriage to Thai national.

Haven't felt the need to travel anywhere else, putting down roots and starting a family kept me busy.

To borrow a quote from someone else "been there, done it, read the book, seen the film and got the medal".

I'm enjoying the settled life "for as long as I'm allowed".

regards to all.

Nibor

Do Visa Runs count as being out?

D.

Yes. :D

Guess that rules me out.

Otherwise i could have put in a claim for 12 years plus.

Daffy. :o

12 years doing runs! :D

Perhaps we could also ask who is the longest visa runner? :D

[The expat with the longest single stay in Thailand that I know of is Bernard Trink - From memory I think he hasn't been out of the Kingdom since the early 60s.

But that aside given that an increasing number of expats are using Thailand as a business base, flying in and out as business demands, then the longevity of any single stay for a lot of people who have made very successful lives in Thailand is meaningless.

I mean I know at least two expats that have lived in Thailand for over 20 years and have never been outside of Pattaya.

Is he set in his ways or not?

Made a big mistake wanting a membership fee (500 baht) for his weekly on-line column after he left The Bangkok Post.