Best Vga Card Under 4000 Baht

Richard-BKK

I have to build a mid range (Asus P5K mb, Intel E6750 Core2 Duo) computer, graphics would not be that important and the budget is about 4000 Baht. Of course we would love to buy the best available for that amount of money.

Personal I'm thinking about a Nvidia GF-8600 GT 256mb (GDDR3 memory)....

Computer would be running Windows XP Professional (but we have to guaranty, 3 year working, so Windows Vista or MS Windows 7 needs to be considered)

Am building a pc for a client who wants to run vista, now he is not a gamer so my choice is the GF8600GT for 4000 baht quoted, but I get a lot of broken pc's in for repair so here is a tip for making a choice besides the hardware specs.

If the fan on the GPU blows the air direct DOWN on the VGA card circuit board don't buy this type, the fan airflow deposits a lot of dust/dirt on the graphic card memory chips below and the tracks start to corrode and causes shortcuts.

Now you get three years of warranty on most part of the pc, but after one year you don't get new hardware in return but refurbished stuff, often with problems.