Bread Baking Machine Available In Buriram?

Gimbo

Planning to go into Burriam and stock up, as we are out of farang food, and even the wife is tired of chicken and pla nin, and wants german "Speckshinke" on her morning toast.

Anyway, we also need a bread baking machine... anyone knows where we can find that in Buriram?

I don't know about Buriram, but you can order one online from Verasu. I had one shipped up to Roi Et a few months ago.

http://www.verasu.com/Eng_version/Product_...=Bread%20Makers 4,340 baht

I also ordered their hot air popcorn popper at the same time and the villagers had a real good laugh when they saw that working. The kids were amazed.

http://www.verasu.com/Eng_version/productd...productid=45830 1,205 baht

Both products are the Severin brand (Germany) and work great. Shipping was 270 baht for both items and they arrived in less than a week (takes a bit longer the first time you order as you have to email them a scan of your credit card).

Happy Shopping!

Edited by danfred

I don't know about Buriram, but you can order one online from Verasu. I had one shipped up to Roi Et a few months ago.

http://www.verasu.com/Eng_version/Product_...=Bread%20Makers 4,340 baht

I also ordered their hot air popcorn popper at the same time and the villagers had a real good laugh when they saw that working. The kids were amazed.

http://www.verasu.com/Eng_version/productd...productid=45830 1,205 baht

Both products are the Severin brand (Germany) and work great. Shipping was 270 baht for both items and they arrived in less than a week (takes a bit longer the first time you order as you have to email them a scan of your credit card).

Happy Shopping!

Thanks a bunch. Now i just have to make sure my wife NEVER finds that website...lol

Thanks a bunch. Now i just have to make sure my wife NEVER finds that website...lol

if that's the case you should watch what arrives in your post box... once you order they start sending catalogs since they have your physical address! :o

Have often thought about this as I used my machine back in Blighty all the time. Gave it away before I left. :o The thing is, how easy, or otherwise, are the ingredients to get hold-of?

Flour and yeast are everywhere (Lotus/BigC/Tops/Makro/etc). There's flour specifically for making bread and there's also wheat flour. Rye flour is available at Villa Market in Bangkok. There's nothing special about the bread machine mix you buy other than that it's pre-mixed and more expensive. There are lots of recipes for bread machines on the web... experiment with your machine and create bread the way you like it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry931977

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry882205

Edited by danfred

Planning to go into Burriam and stock up, as we are out of farang food, and even the wife is tired of chicken and pla nin, and wants german "Speckshinke" on her morning toast.

Anyway, we also need a bread baking machine... anyone knows where we can find that in Buriram?

Hi Gimbo

I brought one all the way from the UK, works well with local ingredients.

Now 711 have wholemeal I don't use it , want to see it? I am in Satuk could be persuaded to sell it.

TBWG :o

• 6 months later...
Interesting, i have machine but lost recipes,,, any one has or know where to get them, would be nice to try make some as in here we cant get decent bread.

I found a website that has wonderful recipes, it's mostly american southern type recipes but they are tasty and range from cakes, to appetizers to main dishes. They have almost everything when it comes to recipes. www.southernfood.about.com, they even have thai recipes. I've made a couple of those and the family here loves them. Especially the mango chicken.

They have a Princess brand bread machine for sale at The Mall and also at the Amway place in Korat. I don't know if it's a good one or not; I think the Severin brand one from Verasu is better (and it's the one I have). I like the quick cycle that produces a loaf of bread in an hour.

Plain White Bread

1 ⅛ cups milk

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon salt

3 cups bread flour

2 teaspoons yeast

1. Add all ingredients, in order, to bread machine.

2. Bake on quick (58 min) cycle.

Beware of the little bugs that may be in the whole wheat , rye and other flour. I now just put the bags of flour into a ziplock bag and freeze the little critters.

Stops them COLD :o

Flour Weevils..............I sift all my flour before I use it. If anyone is interested though, as well as selling fresh European style bread from our bakery in Surin, in the shop, I also sell Hovis bread mix, Wholewheat and Granery. A tip though for bread makers. DO NOT USE the flour from Makro. It is not good enough for decent bread. I use Red Leaf Wheat flour from TRS in Surin for my white bread, and a 50/50 mix with wholemeal flour for my German bread. English bread, I still use a mixture with the Hovis flour. Anyone really interested in making good bread, then pop in and see me for more tips.

I know it would depend on your lifestyle. Back home...busy all the time...I had a Bread Machine and it was OK...apart from the hassle of removing the little impellor after baking.

Here,I have much more time,so I now make all my own bread by hand.To be honest,it gives me something to do and a sense of achievement when my baked bread comes out of the oven.

All bread making materials are available here...strong flours...white and wholemeal...yeasts ...poppy and sesame seeds etc..........give it a try and save the money you would have spent on the machine

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gimbo

I brought one all the way from the UK, works well with local ingredients.

Now 711 have wholemeal I don't use it , want to see it? I am in Satuk could be persuaded to sell it.

TBWG :o

Hi Tbwg

My mate from Aus is very interested in buying your Bread Making Machine. He is moving away from Surin and passes thru Satuk regulary. If u PM me, I will give you his number so you 2 can meet up or make other arrangements.

Dave

They have a Princess brand bread machine for sale at The Mall and also at the Amway place in Korat. I don't know if it's a good one or not; I think the Severin brand one from Verasu is better (and it's the one I have). I like the quick cycle that produces a loaf of bread in an hour.

Plain White Bread

1 ⅛ cups milk

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon salt

3 cups bread flour

2 teaspoons yeast

1. Add all ingredients, in order, to bread machine.

2. Bake on quick (58 min) cycle.

My recipe calls for 1tbls of sugar and same for oil and yeast. Too much sugar and it tastes like Thai bread.