Idiots Guide To A Dvd Recorder In Thailand..........

libya 115

I am looking for a DVD recorder that can also play (multi region discs) to replace my existing DVD player.

All I want is something that can record onto blank discs. No Hi-tech needed just the programme in O.K. quality is good enough for me. I won't be watching (them) twice. Just like in the old days when I used a VHS video to record the odd programme.

Suggestions? And thanks............

I am looking for a DVD recorder that can also play (multi region discs) to replace my existing DVD player.

All I want is something that can record onto blank discs. No Hi-tech needed just the programme in O.K. quality is good enough for me. I won't be watching (them) twice. Just like in the old days when I used a VHS video to record the odd programme.

Hello...

Maybe think about getting DVD player with a built in hard drive. No need to buy blank discs.

All the best :o

Hello...

Maybe think about getting DVD player with a built in hard drive. No need to buy blank discs.

All the best :o

Yes, good suggestion. I will check that out today. No discs, means a lot less hassle. Thanks for the tip.

I've seen in PowerBuy a Pioneer model with 160GB at reduced price of 15,000 from ticket price of 20,000. It allows for several hundred hours of recording, so should be more than enough.

My only quibble with PowerBuy is they only seem to stock recorders for a limited number of brands. If anyone knows, be interested to know a place which sells a variety.

As far as Sin Siam is concerned - not sure i'd trust shopping on the net here in Thailand - have you had any experience with this Scotsman?

Another question - does anyone know which of the DVD recorders are not too fussy about which discs they play? I've had bad experiences with both Samsung and Panasonic DVD players rejecting a lot

Edited by rixalex

I have never used the internet shopping so I don't know but I am sure there will other members who have. I have a sony DVD player old model never had a problem playing anything I am waiting for the blueray model to come down in price here before I upgrade. I don't need a DVD recorder as I have my vhs video recorder for now.

I have never used the internet shopping so I don't know but I am sure there will other members who have. I have a sony DVD player old model never had a problem playing anything I am waiting for the blueray model to come down in price here before I upgrade. I don't need a DVD recorder as I have my vhs video recorder for now.

If you want a bluray player that's good value, just buy a ps3, only around 15,000 and as you can update it with any new firmware changes, it's one of the best players around at the moment (check on the net). Even if your not playing games it's a good option.

If you want a bluray player that's good value, just buy a ps3, only around 15,000 and as you can update it with any new firmware changes, it's one of the best players around at the moment (check on the net). Even if your not playing games it's a good option.

This Blue Ray is for high definition movies...right? However I don't think my TV is Hi-Def it is just an old CRT type,and it is going well at the moment.

Any other advantage of Blue Ray?

The blueray Dvd players are a good upgrade in the future when we all have new LCD or plasma 1080p TVs. It has no other advantage until they can record. I know about the ps3 but I will wait until they have fully developed this new format and will buy just the DVD or a DVD blueray recorder.