Website Affiliate Programs?

loubrockbank

Im just looking for some views really, Ive stumbled accross this thai website that has an affiliate programe,,, its apparantly free to join and you can make a little bit of money, not much but you know - which would come in handy when we move over in Dec :D ...which bythe way im getting sooooo excited about!

Anyway just wondered what you guys and girls thought, heres a bit of how its works :

'' you will be supplied with a range of banners and textual links that you place within your site. When a user clicks on one of your links to MuayThaiStuff.com, their activity will be tracked by our affiliate software. If that user makes a purchase on our website, your account will be credited with a sale (commission).

Real-Time Statistics And Reporting!

Login 24 hours a day to check your sales, traffic, account balance and see how your banners are performing. ''

What do you all think? honestly...dunno if Im being niave but its sounds ok to put a few pennies in my pocket or is that just me being my usual optimistic self :o

Thanks!

Affliate programs can work. The only thing you need is a website that has a large number of visitors who will click on links and buy stuff, which I guess you dont have . . . otherwise you'd already have some for of affiliate programs or advertising on your site.

Affliate programs can work. The only thing you need is a website that has a large number of visitors who will click on links and buy stuff, which I guess you dont have . . . otherwise you'd already have some for of affiliate programs or advertising on your site.

Lots of people do well in affiliate marketing, but you need to be focused and make sure your site is about what the products are you are trying to sell. If you have a spare bit of cash, you can dabble in PPC and see what works and what doesn't work before embarking on making a website only to find out that the site makes no money.

Most of the time affiliates programs are geared so that most people fall short of the collection threshold.

For example:

- You have to collect a certain amount of credits before you can cash out. So you may "have" $25 in your affiliates account for a couple of sales you referred, but you can't touch it until you get to $100.

- Credits expire; this works well in conjunction with the above.

- Cookies expire; ie something goes to their site via your link, then a week later they come back and buy something but you don't get any credit cuz the cookies already expired.

All these are details you should consider when looking at an affiliates program.

Lifetime cookies, a low cash-out threshold and non-expiring credits is what you should look for.

Don't get involved with affiliate marketing until you really know what you're doing. Affiliate marketing is one of those things that are heavily marketed to be the end-all-be-all for your money problems, but is in reality much more difficult than it seems.

Basically, like running any kind of business, you need good business and marketing skills. Anything short of that is like an MLM business opp telling you that you can make millions of dollars just by "starting a business" with them. Again, they promise the magic pill with near zero work, when in reality that's just not how the world works.

Before you can make money with affiliate marketing, you need to learn ...

- How to draw attention with a benefit-driven, head-turning headline

- How to turn that attention into rabid readers

- How to create credibility

- How to pre-sell your affiliate's products

You also need to know ...

- How to calculate your average customer value

- How to calculate your conversion rate

- How to split test different versions of your web page, ads, etc to find what converts the best

- How to generate traffic (including Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click, etc.)

- How to maximize your dollar per visitor (usually involves building an email list, which also involves list building, maintaining a list, positioning yourself as an authority, etc.)

The list goes on and on. Generally, the "quicker" the affiliate marketing technique is, the less you need to know, and the less money you need to make. These are tricks to make money, and you're not building a real affiliate marketing business.

There is a ton of skills that go into good or even barely profitable affiliate marketing. There is no easy quick fix. Even money-making tricks require a certain degree of skill. (One exception - more on that in a minute.)

However, if you're still interested in learning, visit the Warrior Forum and just learn more about web marketing in general. It's a free forum for people who're interested in marketing on the internet:

www.warriorforum.com

Apart from that, just study everything you can on writing ad copy, PPC, traffic generation, split testing, affiliate marketing, email tactics, Joint Ventures, etc.

If you'd like to just make a few bucks online - And I'm talking $8-$15 an hour - Learn the "Bum Marketing Method." (Just google Bum Marketing.) This is an effective method of using Affiliate Marketing to turn hours into dollars. Basically, you write articles for low traffic, low competition keywords and sell affiliate products for those keywords. I've made a few hundred dollars using this technique, and I can tell you that it works - But in my opinion, just isn't worth the effort. But if you'd like to make money from home, this is a proven way to do so.

Best of luck,

- Derek

P.S. Marketing and web marketing is both my work and obsession. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions =)

Edited by DerekP

• 2 weeks later...

An easy was to break into Affiliate marketing is to find multi-tiered programs and promote signing up to them to your friends and contacts. That way you will earn a commission on any new people you refer and also from any sales that they, or their referrals make. It takes a bit of effort to build up your initial base, but from there it continues to grow by itself.

Edited by Norrad

• 3 months later...

I am interested in learning about Affiliate Marketing too but every info site I go on seems to be a scam- can anyone direct me towards any legitimate sites which explain how to do it successfully? I did look at the Warrior forum that DerekP suggested, which looks helpful.... thanks!

I am interested in learning about Affiliate Marketing too but every info site I go on seems to be a scam- can anyone direct me towards any legitimate sites which explain how to do it successfully? I did look at the Warrior forum that DerekP suggested, which looks helpful.... thanks!

Have a look at the affiliate marketing section on sitepoint (dot) com. Also, there is a site something like "5 star affiliates" (sorry, can't remember) and they recommend a coaching website that offers training in affiliate marketing and is supposed to be good.

It helps if you are a killer good copywriter.

As someone else mentioned, digital point has some good info as well.

Nearly anyone can do affiliate marketing, provided they know how to create a good website that attracts lots of new and repeat visitors.

I do NOT recommend going to visit these "killer" aff sites which supposedly teach you how to do this and that - they do NOT work unless you know to build a website first.

So start with building an interesting website. THEN worry about affiliate stuff.