E-mail Notifications Of Responses Have Stopped

Guderian

Hi,

I always tick the "enable notification of replies" box when I make a post. A month or two ago I stopped receiving these notifications. I don't recall deliberately changing anything to stop receiving these, and I had a look at "My controls" but don't see anything obvious there that I can change to reset things. Have I messed something up in my settings, or is there another reason that the notifications no longer arrive?

Thanks,

G

Have you checked in your spam folders?

Have you whitelisted forum[at]thaivisa.com and added it to your contact list?

George,

Yes and yes. [email protected] is on my safe list. Everything worked fine for months and months, and then without me consciously changing anything, notifications suddenly stopped. My e-mail adddress has not changed (in fact, absolutely nothing changed that I know of), and I still receive the ThaiVisa.com News Editor e-mails.

So I'm a bit puzzled, but glad to see from ray23's post that I am not alone.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why George is asking these questions....this problem has been running and running he said it would be looked into but the matter was dropped and the postings removed....... now the same questions are being asked again....I only get intermittent notifications and to get even that I have to change all my entries to "immediate" on my control page...this does not get round the fact the email notification if you tick the box does not work.

Guest Reimar
...so there it is then....no email notification and no concern either by TV.

I don't know what's the problem with your and even others notification, But believe me or not, I don't have this problem and get all notification I subscribed for.

May it could be a problem with your ISP or who is your E-Mail provider, or some spam filter, or even something else.

I use my own in house Mail Server by the way and there was on beginning a problem with an active filter. Changed the filter and adjusted the rule, everything from TV is coming in since than and that's since 2006!

May you need to check all of the relevant Settings and Programs as well.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Initially, I had the notifications, eventually they filled my inbox.

Could NOT stop them.

All stopped now..............YAAAAAAAAAAY, except for news clippings

No real need for them at all.

Edited by Zpete

I have tried 2 e-mail addys now and I cant get any e-mails about forum topics even though I have turned the option on.

I do get the NEWS posts and I do get the PM posts however the forum replies etc also stopped for me quite a few months ago.

I own both of the servers that the e-mails were registered to and there are no spam filters and nothing in the server logs so I'm guessing that its a bug generated when sending e-mails from the TV server with the wrong HELLO stamp etc.

That would answer why some mails are OK and some are not, I have had this problem countless times with my own servers, Someone who knows what they are doing needs to check the exact way that mail.php (or whatever its called) is setup on the TV host and it should be any easy fix.

I think that this happened when you moved your servers to Sing, I think someone might have messed up the MX record or forgot to change a setting in the forum configs.

...so there it is then....no email notification and no concern either by TV.

I don't know what's the problem with your and even others notification, But believe me or not, I don't have this problem and get all notification I subscribed for.

May it could be a problem with your ISP or who is your E-Mail provider, or some spam filter, or even something else.

I use my own in house Mail Server by the way and there was on beginning a problem with an active filter. Changed the filter and adjusted the rule, everything from TV is coming in since than and that's since 2006!

May you need to check all of the relevant Settings and Programs as well.

Cheers.

Use Hutch and a private company one...the problem at present seems to be only partial....it's really hard to work out exactly which posts are sending notifications......it would seem the problem is intermittent and variable.