Rangers Are The Last Remaining British Team In The Uefa Cup.

Jockstar

A Euro ban seems like the only way to deal with a teams supporters now labelled as being the pariahs of Europe.

why should they get banned. will UEFA ban the italian clubs, turkish clubs, east europeans clubs, United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc...

theres always trouble at these fixtures.

to many numbers in one place, everyone drinking for days on end. it will never change.

next week will be 10 times worse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Euro ban seems like the only way to deal with a teams supporters now labelled as being the pariahs of Europe.

why should they get banned. will UEFA ban the italian clubs, turkish clubs, east europeans clubs, United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc...

to many numbers in one place, everyone drinking for days on end. it will never change.

The trouble was well away from the ground was it not - should not be ban.

In hindsight letting so many travel without tickets was a major mistake - I feel sorry for the Man U fans who have now had their city centre screenings cancelled due to this.

I doubt it will be worse in Moscow - would the Ruskies put up with it?

Because Rangers supporters have more of track record than most. See Prakanong's post.

That's not true.

It can change. It just needs more sensible laws governing alchohol sales on those days and better ticket allocation. Although to be honest, the second seems unlikely to happen.

I don't see any reason why it should be. If it had been Man u vs Liverpool then I might have shared your prediction. And to be fair, if there's any trouble where the minority of morons want to mix it with the Russian OB then they're even more stupid than I already think they are. :o

Because Rangers supporters have more of track record than most. See Prakanong's post

It can change. It just needs more sensible laws governing alchohol sales on those days and better ticket allocation. Although to be honest, the second seems unlikely to happen.

I don't see any reason why it should be. If it had been Man u vs Liverpool then I might have shared your prediction. And to be fair, if there's any trouble where the minority of morons want to mix it with the Russian OB then they're even more stupid than I already think they are. :o

rangers havent got any worse record then united (lille, roma) or any other club in europe. especially italian or east european clubs.

ticketing allocation will be better in 3-4 years. UEFA have at last seen sense and come 2011 more tickets will be made available for fans. this is impossible to introduce for the next 3 years as corparate tickets have allready been accounted for.

as for moscow, i really hope there isnt any trouble. but in my experience, when there is alcohol bans (lads always find a way) , holding pens, over the top policing (well documented in russia) and add to that 50000 odd united and chelsea fans.

Ka-Boom

dont mean to sound patronising HH but the european finals are a nightmare. from the moment you get to the airport your up against it. add a few beers to that and it all goes wrong.

as for moscow, i really hope there isnt any trouble. but in my experience, when there is alcohol bans (lads always find a way) , holding pens, over the top policing (well documented in russia) and add to that 50000 odd united and chelsea fans.

Yeah, I know what you mean here. But let's hope that I'm right and you're wrong about Moscow.

dont mean to sound patronising HH but the european finals are a nightmare. from the moment you get to the airport your up against it. add a few beers to that and it all goes wrong.

Oi,we've had a couple of ECWC Finals as well. :o There was no trouble at the last one in or around the Heysel, that I saw or remember being reported.

As for the one before that. More sensible days.

Peace. :D

There has been a lot said on what's happened off the pitch but the sad thing was that on the pitch, Rangers never really showed up. If Rangers had gone for it, I reckon that Zenit were there for the taking. I think Smith boobed by playing only one up as Darchville was isolated. Nacho Novo has been in good form lately and should have merited a starting place. Overall it was a very disappointing performance.

Edited by Spit the Dog