Is Acceptable To Drink Half Pints On A Football And Beer Night?

mrtoad

After a rather interesting evening of football, rugby and beer an eminent ex-member of the football forum was seen ordering a half pint :o , before quickly pouring it into a pint glass. Is this acceptable, as the drinking of half pints in my book is pretty dubious.

I wont mention the other person who at one point was wearing a pink hairclip :D .......

Edited by mrtoad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wont mention the other person who at one point was wearing a pink hairclip

Go On! You know you want to! :o

I can't, but I'll give youi a clue, and then you can fill in the blanks

M_c_a__ll_

Oh and he's a Jock.

Edited by mrtoad

I wont mention the other person who at one point was wearing a pink hairclip

Go On! You know you want to! :D

I can't, but I'll give youi a clue, and then you can fill in the blanks

M_c_a__ll_

Oh and he's a Jock.

Sounds more Italian. Was it a a half pint of whisky? :o

After a rather interesting evening of football, rugby and beer an eminent ex-member of the football forum was seen ordering a half pint :D , before quickly pouring it into a pint glass. Is this acceptable, as the drinking of half pints in my book is pretty dubious.

I wont mention the other person who at one point was wearing a pink hairclip :D .......

It would only be understandable if your name was Ken Barlow or Albert Tatlock, and even then it would be viewed as being a wuss :o

These functions sound a good laugh. I will make an effort over the next couple of weeks to come and join you, will be nice to meet you toady and the rest of you guys :D

After a rather interesting evening of football, rugby and beer an eminent ex-member of the football forum was seen ordering a half pint :D , before quickly pouring it into a pint glass. Is this acceptable, as the drinking of half pints in my book is pretty dubious.

It would only be understandable if your name was Ken Barlow or Albert Tatlock, and even then it would be viewed as being a wuss :o

These functions sound a good laugh. I will make an effort over the next couple of weeks to come and join you, will be nice to meet you toady and the rest of you guys :D

Jack, save it for mid april. I'll be joining the boys again around that time. Be nice to meet you again :D

A half pint on a Bangkok Football night :D:o , that is outrageous !!!!! .

But I think we can give the man in question only a yellow card as ( if it's who I think it is , which it probably is :D ) that probably wasnt his last beer of the night !!!!!.

Edited by scousemouse

I find it a refreshing change that someone has chosen to drink in a responsible manner and good for him if he does not rise to the peer pressure that is prevalent in the Pub sports arena.

I do hope your taking the p*** Richie :o

Anyway, I had to drink alone last night, the "Toad" was on domestic duty ( Brownie point collecting :D ) & I think the other footy members Were still swanning around Soi Cowboy so had to entertain myself :D

I find it a refreshing change that someone has chosen to drink in a responsible manner and good for him if he does not rise to the peer pressure that is prevalent in the Pub sports arena.

:D

I will assume that you are having a laugh, which I certainly hope so, considering that this is a joke thread :o . If you didn't get the joke then I'm truly sorry.

As for peer pressure, there is very little of that within our group of friends, we are all more than capable of acting in a responsible manner and maing our own decisions. I have posted this just in case you are serious.

Look forward to having a beer with you, we are getting out quite regular these days as they are always good fun a few beers, food and a couple of matches, and the group is starting to get a bit bigger.

:D

I will assume that you are having a laugh, which I certainly hope so, considering that this is a joke thread :o . If you didn't get the joke then I'm truly sorry.

As for peer pressure, there is very little of that within our group of friends, we are all more than capable of acting in a responsible manner and maing our own decisions. I have posted this just in case you are serious.

That was a joke but what about pouring a bottle of beer into a half pint glass - are bottled beers acceptable? Or must you drink directly from the bottle to avoid the howls of derision?

I heard strange behaviour occurred just after midnight. Everyone had paid their bills. This man was waiting to move to next bars. The Italian and Scottish man with pink hair clip, had already said he was not going any further. But the man with the feather hat, and the man with the big appendige said they would go.

Then the man with feathers and the man with a big appendige were taking so long, the other man was a bit "jai rawn" because he had an empty glass.

Also he did not want his friends to "lose face" and feel so bad at their slow drinking like girls. One was also falling asleep again. So he asked the nice Thai waitress for half a pint and for the next few minutes while he was waiting, because he didn't want to start another big bill.

I also heard that the man with feathers disappeared from this man, and the man with the big appendige at the next bars. Does anyone know what happened to him and his feathers. As he used to be a cowboy, and is now an Indian, may he met the construction man or the sailor at the YMCA...

Edited by cheekysmile

The said man with feathers decided to have a drink in the bar instead of going in & out from bar to bar without having a drink. Closing time was looming large so did not want to waste the trip down the soi in question. :o

The said man with feathers decided to have a drink in the bar instead of going in & out from bar to bar without having a drink. Closing time was looming large so did not want to waste the trip down the soi in question. :o

Is it because you are scared of Cowboys? :D

That was a joke but what about pouring a bottle of beer into a half pint glass - are bottled beers acceptable? Or must you drink directly from the bottle to avoid the howls of derision?

Depends what beer. :o

Closing time :D ??? , what does that mean :D .

After a rather interesting evening of football, rugby and beer an eminent ex-member of the football forum was seen ordering a half pint :o , before quickly pouring it into a pint glass. Is this acceptable, as the drinking of half pints in my book is pretty dubious.

Its totally acceptable to drink half pints. Just as long as its not my one!!

Come along & find out my freind. I understand glasses & assorted drinking vessels are provided...if required.

Thanks Chavy, unfortunately I am going to stay with the outlaws for a month in ueatgoi in Ubon province on Wednesday for a month before I evacuate to Hanoi for a year - I hear the local brew (Bia hoi) is 5 bht a glass there, allegedly the cheapest beer in the world and cable TV is plentiful -

Cheers mate, good luck to you and your team (as long as its not BCFC, BRFC, ECFC)