Looking For Notary Public--bang Na

ricksilb

I just need to get a piece of paper notarized before I send it to the U.S. I realize this means I must find an attorney. While living in Pattaya the past few years, it cost around B1000. Anyone now of anywhere here in Bang Na where I can get this done. Thanks much!

Did a quick search here and it sort of sounds like the only option is the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html

But given that you had this done in Pattaya I think maybe there are other solutions?

(I go back to the U.S.A. often enough so just go to AAA; they charge $1 per notarized document!)

Did a quick search here and it sort of sounds like the only option is the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.

But given that you had this done in Pattaya I think maybe there are other solutions?

(I go back to the U.S.A. often enough so just go to AAA; they charge $1 per notarized document!)

Seems to me that "real" notarials valid in the U.S. must be done by a notary sanctioned by one of the U.S. states, not the federal government.  Sort of suprised that you got by with a "local" notarial from Pattaya.

However, the baht 1,300 or what ever it is these days from the U.S. Embassy American Services Section is valid in the U.S.  Sort of a rip off but that's life.

Mac

I had to get a U.S. bank-related document notarized recently for purposes of opening a new account.

Went to Sunbelt Asia's Office in Fortune Town in BKK, and paid I believe 600 baht (per document). They had been advertising their notary service in some publications. Took 15 minutes and I was gone. Sent the document, and no problem in the U.S.

Agree that there is no problem with a notary that has a stamp from a US state doing it overseas, did it several times while in China. But technically they are not valid. If you read what the stamp says, it says something to the effect they are located in that State. The only truly valid notary overseas is the US Embassy.

TH

I had to get a U.S. bank-related document notarized recently for purposes of opening a new account.

Went to Sunbelt Asia's Office in Fortune Town in BKK, and paid I believe 600 baht (per document). They had been advertising their notary service in some publications. Took 15 minutes and I was gone. Sent the document, and no problem in the U.S.

Thanks for the feedback.

Think you may be mistaken on the price. We take pride that Sunbelt Asia charges the lowest professional fee in Thailand for notary services using our notary lawyers. We only charge 350 Baht plus 7% Vat. per document. I double checked with our accounting team and they said they never saw a invoice from one of the notary lawyers for 600 Baht. If you do have such a invoice, I'll be happy to give you the difference back in cash.

Thanks for using our services.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the feedback.

Think you may be mistaken on the price. We take pride that Sunbelt Asia charges the lowest professional fee in Thailand for notary services using our notary lawyers. We only charge 350 Baht plus 7% Vat. per document. I double checked with our accounting team and they said they never saw a invoice from one of the notary lawyers for 600 Baht. If you do have such a invoice, I'll be happy to give you the difference back in cash.

Thanks for using our services.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Of course it should now be noted that Sunbelt is NO LONGER offering notary services or the ladies at the front desk on the 26th floor of Fortune Tower don't know what they are talking about. I had used Sunbelt for this service before and did in fact pay the roughly 350 baht fee.. but yesterday when stopping to have a document notarized I was told they no longer do it and they sent me to Siam Legal.

I just had two notarized papers at USA Bangkok,$50.00,what a rip off.I will cheat on my taxes and get it back.They should have a retired notary at a desk and charge $10.00 and he keeps it.Will never happen,they acted like they were doing me a big favor and took awhile even with a reservation.But I inherited big bucks so I am ahead,this time. :):D:D:D

Seems to me that "real" notarials valid in the U.S. must be done by a notary sanctioned by one of the U.S. states, not the federal government. Sort of suprised that you got by with a "local" notarial from Pattaya.

However, the baht 1,300 or what ever it is these days from the U.S. Embassy American Services Section is valid in the U.S. Sort of a rip off but that's life.

Mac

Seems to me that "real" notarials valid in the U.S. must be done by a notary sanctioned by one of the U.S. states, not the federal government. Sort of suprised that you got by with a "local" notarial from Pattaya.

However, the baht 1,300 or what ever it is these days from the U.S. Embassy American Services Section is valid in the U.S. Sort of a rip off but that's life.

Mac

• 8 months later...

Seems as though an English speaking Thai attorney located in the Sathorn area has been posting classified advertisements for notary service on TV quite often lately....

Now that Sunbelt Asia is out of that business, has anyone had any experience with using the Sathorn guy for notary purposes...???