Medication & Health. Pregnancy & After.

dman961

What medicines should my girlfriend be taking to help her and the babies health during pregnancy (two months to go to the big day)?

What will i need when the baby arrives, medicines, creams, powders, soaps, sterilizers etc?

What should i look out for, reactions, symptoms, health?

As you can probably tell, it's our first and it's getting closer to the time. Need all the advice i can get to prepare. :o

Your doctor should have had her on some medication during the preganncy. Ours changed but I cannot remember when.

Presuming you are having the baby in a major private hospital then they will take care of everything until you leave. If you are going rural or perhaps a government hospital then you might need to provide some things. I would not know what.

What you will need to prepare is everything that you need from the minute you get back home. Bottles, sterilizer (microwave one from Avent is the way to go, bottles as well if you can get them). Breast pump, storage jars, baby bottle cleaning liquid, food (powdered milk - we use Dumex the first one), dummies, towels, clothes, small towels like linen swatches, something to carry the baby in and somewhere for it to sleep. A baby bath, very soft sponge, baby wash, cream, nappies (we used mami poko new born with a cut out for the umbilical cord), gloves, socks (baby type), changing mat.

Remember to get her bag ready with what she will need in the hospital. Mobile phone charger as well !

What I did was to work backwards and see what I had forgot after I amde the original list.

Work out transport arrangements, then get some back up options including routes if possible. I know, over cautious but ???

The best information I've seen on the web is on John Lewis' site http://www.johnlewis.com/+Baby/Area.aspx I bought a lot from there when I was in the UK but it gives a great idea of what you may or might need.

Best of luck.