English Lessons Uk

I dont often come into the realms of the UK issues, however my wife spoke to her mate in the UK last night. the friend is on a spouse visa equivalent.

Is there a Government education scheme for new migrants in the UK or do they have to go private ??

We are hooking up with the girl again tonight so a quick answer would be helpful.

Government funding has been (temporarily) withdrawn from adult education courses, such as ESOL, in favour of 16-19yo courses, so she'll have to pay a couple of hundred pounds depending on provider, course and length.

i tried to send my GF on the ESOL course last year , it starts in September , i rang them in may spoke to very nice / honest lady . she told me they over swamp with people wanting to do this course ,she was put on a waiting list and told she would be contacted next year. i live on the outskirts off Manchester , i tried Bolton Manchester and wigan collage ,all full all have long waiting list ...

the lady tood me off the record that there are just to many people wanting to do this course .if you live in an area not so populated by migrants you might have more luck than i did.

jay

Most of the thai social clubs and groups run their own english classes, in surrey and sussex there are quite few,never was able to find a Thai connection in lancashire, I know in wigan and Bolton colleges,the pie eating and whippet milking courses are quite popular but sadly Flat Caps are compulsory :D before you get your Knotted hankies out and decide to invade Ningi I come from warrington originally, so takin the Piss out of Orrell and Breightmet is only natural :o Nignoy