Ubc Problems

Woofer

For the last few weeks my UBC signal has been dropping out at least 6 to 8 times a day. Many times I have to turn off theUBC tuner to allow the signal to reboot. Anybody else had these problems recently?

Same problem here starting last night. Just dropped off completely. I too had to reboot a few times.

For the last few weeks my UBC signal has been dropping out at least 6 to 8 times a day. Many times I have to turn off theUBC tuner to allow the signal to reboot. Anybody else had these problems recently?

Same problem here starting last night. Just dropped off completely. I too had to reboot a few times.

It happened to me for the first, and, so far, only time two nights ago. However, I'm getting some short "freezes" now and then. A while ago, UBC changed their codiing to block the signal from "pirate" outfits. I wonder if this is another change. That battle goes on constantly.

I am a legitimate subscriber to UBC, but I do not have a UBC receiver. I have an F-1 receiver from 'Dynasat'. I suspect that UBC would like to prevent that, too, and force use of their equipment. But, if you guys have full UBC equipment, that wouldn't be an issue in this latest situation.

Used to have this problem all the the time, but fine for ages, ever since the engineer came by and put a new "dingle" on the dish.

Others I know have also had this upgrade, and reported a big improvement.

Suggest to contact UBC to come round and do the necessary.

Had a problem for the first time last week when the signal went down completely. Reported it to UBC the next morning and that afternoon they were round with a brand new and better box.

Glad to hear that they responded THE SAME DAY! It took my wife 3 phone calls to persuade them that no matter what you turned off-on, disconnected and reconnected, BOTH boxes were dead as maggots.

When the tech did show, he changed both boxes (not new) and restored service in a jiffy. Pity that one has to deal with some talking head on the phone when it's so much easier for the tech to come straight out.

I think UBC is franchised out like 7-eleven and as we all know, some 7-elevens are better than others.

Last bill I had from UBC was April 2006. Then I got UCB/True until February 2007, and since then from True.

I too had problems a few weeks ago until the engineer brought a new something-or-other for the dish. Other times the engineer has just disconnected and reconnected the power and it worked!

BTW True adjusted the fee by all of 50.50 (!) baht for the days I had problems.

But beginning to wonder if it's worth it what with all the reruns.

Edited by Tammi

Last bill I had from UBC was April 2006. Then I got UCB/True until February 2007, and since then from True.

I too had problems a few weeks ago until the engineer brought a new something-or-other for the dish. Other times the engineer has just disconnected and reconnected the power and it worked!

BTW True adjusted the fee by all of 50.50 (!) baht for the days I had problems.

But beginning to wonder if it's worth it what with all the reruns.

Thanks. I will give UBC a ring and see if someone comes out, although I know the service from UBC is poor here in Pattaya. I too am getting sick of all the reruns on UBC, this seems only a problem since they have introduced a package above the gold package.