Nk Immigration

tatom

I have read several times about people getting fined 1,000 baht in Nong Khai for not reporting a farang living with them, or something like that. It usually happens when they go for a Certificate of Residency I think.

Ive been there many, many times and never had a problem, but you never know, next time could be different.

I report every 90 days, so they know where I am, and about 7-8 years ago, the Phu Yai Baan came to the house with a guy said he was with the government and was checking on all farangs living in the area. He looked at all my papers, wrote it all down and off he went.

Can someone tell me what its all about?

Report to immigration? And is that every time the foreigner leaves and reenters the country?

Ive been here 12 years, so I guess the 24 hours has passed. I wonder if that will be a problem sometime in the future?

I think the regulation stated that you were to report to a local police station your adress or any change to same.

I recently had the misfortune of having to go to N K Immigration (which I normally avoid like the plague) to get a residency certificate . All the jack-booted one did was come around from behind his desk and point out the regulation on the wall and the now 2000 baht fine to my T/W and said bring back proof of notification or 2000 baht ,then we do certificate.

I thought stuff you jack and drove straight to Mukdehan and had my certificate in 10 minutes.

I think the regulation stated that you were to report to a local police station your adress or any change to same.

I recently had the misfortune of having to go to N K Immigration (which I normally avoid like the plague) to get a residency certificate . All the jack-booted one did was come around from behind his desk and point out the regulation on the wall and the now 2000 baht fine to my T/W and said bring back proof of notification or 2000 baht ,then we do certificate.

I thought stuff you jack and drove straight to Mukdehan and had my certificate in 10 minutes.

It`s not a good place is it?

In their defence, I have to say that I report to NK every 3 months, renew my visa every 12 months, and have never had any problems with "Mr Jackboots" or any of the other staff there. They have always been polite (almost to the point of being friendly at times), done their job, and I have usually been in and out in less than 5 minutes.