Shirtless Ferangs

misterman21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only completely agree with the initial post!

We seem to be getting more and more half naked folk wandering around Vientiane . . not what you want to see! I mean they don't even flinch walking into Temple grounds without shirts on . . :o

I have NEVER gone topless in public in Laos or Thailand for that matter (I don't do beaches!) and never will!

what about the fat <deleted> that take off there shirts in the discos,get up on the raised platforms and dance while there sweat flies everywhere :D ........nice....im ashamed to say a lot of the time they are brits but probably northerners as they have that air of class about them

The 6 people i saw doing that were all drinking shandy and had just come out of a vegetarian restaurant, so they were most definitely cockneys.

:o:D good reply....u r obviously the one northerner who went to school ...well at least for a week or two.i know those 6 people you are talkin about.....they are cockneys but was meeting the northerners at the veggie restaurant as thats theyre regular hang out.as to the shandys that was to line there stomach for the proper drinkin session after the northerners went to get theyre beauty sleep...and boy did they need it and still do. :D

........im buff and even i wouldnt take me top off in a disco..even if it could get me a freebie :D:D

sure you wouldn't tattoorob :o

i wouldnt......coz if i had to take my top off to get them then the club would be too low class for me.....there normally quite happy with my brad pitt looks and i generally get them to queue in an orderly fashion .......dont you??? :D

I dont mind shirtless farangs (as long as they are on the beach.) Of course...the old pot bellied ones are a little much...but...that doesnt mean they shouldnt have the right to go swimming or tanning without a shirt on.

However...speedos disgust me. My question is, why on EARTH do they like to wear speedos??? Does it give them this sense of "freedom" or something? Frankly, I just think they need a reality check: men in speedos, even if they are fit, are in no way attractive and they never will be. But that, is my opinion.

However...speedos disgust me.

Harsh words, you dislike mens bodies that much? Issues?

Back OT

I was riding a moto-x bike way way up in the country at a track and quite a few locals came out to see what all the noise was about.

Course it was very hot and i took my top off between rides to cool down, none of the Thai riders did and the people watching looked at me like I was naked!

Wrapped a towel around.

However...speedos disgust me.

Harsh words, you dislike mens bodies that much? Issues?

Back OT

I was riding a moto-x bike way way up in the country at a track and quite a few locals came out to see what all the noise was about.

Course it was very hot and i took my top off between rides to cool down, none of the Thai riders did and the people watching looked at me like I was naked!

Wrapped a towel around.

Well, hey, thats just my personal feeling on speedos. But I am from the US and not many men where speedos there, so maybe thats why I find them...unappealing? there? is that a better word?

Trust me, I do like mens bodies. Just not when there in speedos.

Well, you don't see many Thai men riding around on their motorbikes with their shirts off. Maybe thats why they were staring?

I don't mind shirtless at the beach but the shirtless western guy in the bank the other day trying to open a bank account was a bit much.

We get them in Tesco's and I've even seen it in some restaurants. Why Tesco security don't ask them to leave I don't know. Maybe it's an American habit as is wearing baseball caps in restaurants!! :o

I have notice a big increase in the number of shirtless yobbos appearing in and around Pattaya lately. I assume they are made up of what used to be the Benidorm crowd. I am not talking about fit young lads - but middle aged slobs with more tittys than many a go go girl.

Do these guys have no sense of self! ok, If your a fit young guy people can accept it is a youthfull trait. But man breasts, pot bellys, and scrauny limbs are quite disgusting.

if your one of them take note or seek some psychiatric help - your putting people of there meals!

I have to agree is is just plain gross and when I see it, I feel like I am going to puke. I am no Flash Gordon either. When I was 17 I could confidently take my shirt off and not feel like a fat blob.... but those days are way over. EVEN then I would not run around without a shirt on, unless I was roofing a house or fishing out on the ocean or something like that.

I must admit though that in my own house I wear as little as possible as we have no air-con.

It is always a scramble for clothes when I see somebody coming to visit.

A lot of the villagers strip off in the heat but a westerner would stick out.

I also have a tummy which comes and goes.

I always wear long trousers/jeans and a shirt/ t-shirt when in the city.

Edited by garro

How does taking your top off make you a yobbo?

Its hot and its a so called beach resort if people take their tops off "up to them"

ummmmmmmmm......... well, I think they should just keep the expected behavior.. Walk around shirtless is not the best idea a farang can have. Well I do appreciate it when the guy in question is yummy! lol! HAHAHAHA, unluckily most of the times are 50 years old guys, fat, and looks ewwwwwww!!!

(Just a farang gal perspective) :D

No offense!

:o:D

No offense taken but I assume from your comment that you are not 50 years old yet. Don't worry it will come, provided you survive that long.

Back on topic, I am 55 y.o. have a bit of a belly but never leave the house without a shirt on (and pants and shoes before some wiseguy pipes up). I think it is just a sign of lowering standards worldwide as the belly brigade I see around Pattaya are not predominantly Brits despite what some people on this forum think. In fact they comprise just about all nationalities that visit Pattaya except maybe for the other Asians (Chinese, Koreans etc).

Its called having a little bit of respect for other people,but that tradition has gone out of the window in euro society.The issue is nit about how good or how bad your body looks its about thinking of other people when you shop or go to immigration or local council offices.

am afraid that this will get worse before it gets better.

I have notice a big increase in the number of shirtless yobbos appearing in and around Pattaya lately. I assume they are made up of what used to be the Benidorm crowd. I am not talking about fit young lads - but middle aged slobs with more tittys than many a go go girl.

Do these guys have no sense of self! ok, If your a fit young guy people can accept it is a youthfull trait. But man breasts, pot bellys, and scrauny limbs are quite disgusting.

if your one of them take note or seek some psychiatric help - your putting people of there meals!

they must be new to thailand, they must of keep you up at night.

Well I am 64 and I have been living in Thailand for a few years and I rarely wear a shirt. I am fat but not too ugly however where I don't where a shirt is at home as I don't use the a/c.

However when I go out anywhere I always wear shorts/longs, a shirt and shoes but no socks.

Yes I smell when I sweat a lot but I try to keep that down by showering 2 or 3 times a day.

None of us is perfect and in the privacy of your own place it is up to you but in a PUBLIC place you should dress appropriately and if you are under dressed and going to eat, drink, go to the bank, shopping etc and are not dressed properly then you should be refused admission. It will probably never happen in my lifetime but things change slowly even in Thailand.

Well I am 64 and I have been living in Thailand for a few years and I rarely wear a shirt. I am fat but not too ugly however where I don't where a shirt is at home as I don't use the a/c.

However when I go out anywhere I always wear shorts/longs, a shirt and shoes but no socks.

Yes I smell when I sweat a lot but I try to keep that down by showering 2 or 3 times a day.

None of us is perfect and in the privacy of your own place it is up to you but in a PUBLIC place you should dress appropriately and if you are under dressed and going to eat, drink, go to the bank, shopping etc and are not dressed properly then you should be refused admission. It will probably never happen in my lifetime but things change slowly even in Thailand.

When I get home from work I am down to my undies as well - no aircon till bed - please do not try to picture me now :o

I agree with what you say

I do know some guy's who hate people wearing shorts in Bangkok - I do on an afternoon if on holiday - I dress the same in Thailand as I do in Singapore or elsewhere in Asia - time and place as you allude to

In the name of God.

I have noticed this a lot with some westerners. This is not the sign of a civilised person, wearing no shirt in the public, not swimming.

:o

Don't go to India - you'll see 'uncivilised' priests with no clothes.

I don't think people should be taking off shirts in public, except while sitting at the beach. I don't understand the idea that if you are young and cut it's ok, but older and fatter not ok. That is completely ridiculous.

There should be an older fatter shirtless farang hung from a gibbet at each end of every Soi.

That'd soon put a stop to it.

I have noticed this a lot with some westerners. This is not the sign of a civilised person, wearing no shirt in the public, not swimming.
:o

Don't go to India - you'll see 'uncivilised' priests with no clothes.

It is because of poverty in India, many people can not afford shirts. And also their religion it is ok then.