The Real Bangkok Hilton

AlexLah

It's a real Catch-22 situation. Or Chicken & The Egg. So long as there is a demand for anything, there will be suppliers.

I think Thailand is trying to step somewhere between Western countries' drug policy of harm minimisation and those of Dubai and Singapore which have the death penalty.

I think the vast majority of people know the penalty for smuggling drugs and I wonder of those that are caught - how many have made numerous drugs runs before - and not been caught.

Crime is all about probability and consequences.

First, what is your chance of getting caught? Second, what are the penalties if you get caught?

I worked for a number of years in the juvenile justice field. It was rare for me to hear of any juveniles complaining about their sentence. They knew what would happen if they got caught. To them, getting caught was just an 'occupational hazard.'

Peter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you guys have seen the whole (the real Bangkok Hilton) can you recall what the monk who was innerved said.

Something alone these lines.

Killers and rappers only commit one crime or crimes time to time.

Drug deals are considers to be mass murders

And then he said.

Drug deals get a blessing in disguise as they ready to face there death. There mind is ready and prepared.

On the other hand I could be walking across the road and be smashed by a car. I am not ready or prepared in time die.

Something alone this lines.

Who Deleted my Hooch Comment? It was suppose to be funny.

The war on drugs in its present context can never be won unless we are going to start locking up 10,20,30% of the population.

Wars on drugs are useless, look at Americas War on Drugs, how long has that been going on, how many Billions of tax payers Dollars have been used, and what has happened ?

The only way America will ever win the War on Drugs is when the American people decide they don't wanna get high anymore, and that will never ever happen!

The war on drugs in its present context can never be won unless we are going to start locking up 10,20,30% of the population.

Wars on drugs are useless, look at Americas War on Drugs, how long has that been going on, how many Billions of tax payers Dollars have been used, and what has happened ?

The only way America will ever win the War on Drugs is when the American people decide they don't wanna get high anymore, and that will never ever happen!

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never gonna happen- They would have to start with alcohol, cause they are losing the war on grass & everything else behind it. Including the addictions of the Politicians making the laws! Don't forget the almighty Rush Limbaugh types :o

Edited by Beardog

Oh clayton pops his head up again u really are a grade a prick, you drink thats ok but for others who like different things thats not a, you are just a narrow minded biggot.

Edited by deon

Oh clayton pops his head up again u really are a grade a prick, you drink thats ok but for others who like different things thats not a, you are just a narrow minded biggot.

Unlike you Deon, I respect the law. Yes I do drink, within moderation I might add, but it's within the law - if I'm in a country where alcohol is forbidden, I don't.

You seem to think that if someone likes doing something they should be allowed to do so, irrespective of the consequences to themselves and others.

I fail to see what's bigoted about being opposed to narcotics and advocating severe punishment.

Carry on doing the things you like; you may even end up in prison too, or perhaps you've been there already?

But pure MDMA doesnt kill and is a lot of fun to take.

Are you suggesting that no one has died from taking MDMA?

Or are you stating that Pure MDMA doesn't kill anyone? Care to tell me how guys on the street can tell the difference between Pure and Cut, because if you can't...............

30% of the Population, hmmm??

Are you suggesting that people who break the law in trafficking drugs should be allowed to carry on regardless? What next Robbery, Rape, Extortion, taking Bribes, Death by Drink Driving?

Moss

Or are you stating that Pure MDMA doesn't kill anyone? Care to tell me how guys on the street can tell the difference between Pure and Cut, because if you can't...............

Are you suggesting that people who break the law in trafficking drugs should be allowed to carry on regardless? What next Robbery, Rape, Extortion, taking Bribes, Death by Drink Driving?

Moss

I think he's suggesting that the 'War on Drugs' has been hugely counter-productive in much the same way that Prohibition was.

An example would the use of heroin and criminality in the UK. Prior to 1971 there were approximately 5000 heroin addicts in the UK. They were registered with their GPs who were allowed to prescribe them proper medical grade heroin. They were treated as though they had an illness. They lived normal(ish) lives and were able to work and take part in society. The amount of drug-related crime in the UK was, to all intents and purposes, zero.

In 1971 Parliament passed the Misuse of Drugs Act which made it practically impossible for GPs to prescribe heroin and pushed all the previously law-abiding addicts onto the newly created black market. Once the dealers were established supplying the 5000 they then went on to generate new markets. Drug-related crimes (burglaries, muggings etc.) now constitute more than 50% of the crime committed in the UK so the 'War on Drugs' doesn't appear to have been much of a success does it?

Moss

I think he's suggesting that the 'War on Drugs' has been hugely counter-productive in much the same way that Prohibition was.

An example would the use of heroin and criminality in the UK. Prior to 1971 there were approximately 5000 heroin addicts in the UK. They were registered with their GPs who were allowed to prescribe them proper medical grade heroin. They were treated as though they had an illness. They lived normal(ish) lives and were able to work and take part in society. The amount of drug-related crime in the UK was, to all intents and purposes, zero.

In 1971 Parliament passed the Misuse of Drugs Act which made it practically impossible for GPs to prescribe heroin and pushed all the previously law-abiding addicts onto the newly created black market. Once the dealers were established supplying the 5000 they then went on to generate new markets. Drug-related crimes (burglaries, muggings etc.) now constitute more than 50% of the crime committed in the UK so the 'War on Drugs' doesn't appear to have been much of a success does it? The crime rate can be attributed to the weak justice system that prevails in the UK. If you want to fight a war you have to be prepared to 'kill.' I actually hate heroin addicts, dealers and the drugs scene as a whole. That doesn't mean I wouldn't give them a chance to free themselves from their addiction - one chance that is. Failure to take advantage of that chance? Well let's just say they wouldn't be robbing, mugging etc. ever again. As for the smugglers & dealers - no chances whatsoever, the ultimate form of punishment in all cases.

Moss

In 1971 Parliament passed the Misuse of Drugs Act which made it practically impossible for GPs to prescribe heroin and pushed all the previously law-abiding addicts onto the newly created black market. Once the dealers were established supplying the 5000 they then went on to generate new markets. Drug-related crimes (burglaries, muggings etc.) now constitute more than 50% of the crime committed in the UK so the 'War on Drugs' doesn't appear to have been much of a success does it? The crime rate can be attributed to the weak justice system that prevails in the UK. If you want to fight a war you have to be prepared to 'kill.' I actually hate heroin addicts, dealers and the drugs scene as a whole. That doesn't mean I wouldn't give them a chance to free themselves from their addiction - one chance that is. Failure to take advantage of that chance? Well let's just say they wouldn't be robbing, mugging etc. ever again. As for the smugglers & dealers - no chances whatsoever, the ultimate form of punishment in all cases.

The crime rate for heroin addicts in the UK is entirely attributable to the fact that they were criminalised by the Misuse of Drugs Act in 1971. Prior to that the 5000 addicts weren't criminals and weren't a problem. Now the (estimated) 270,000 addicts are criminals and are a problem. It's the 1971 Act that actually created the problem.

Moss

The crime rate for heroin addicts in the UK is entirely attributable to the fact that they were criminalised by the Misuse of Drugs Act in 1971. Prior to that the 5000 addicts weren't criminals and weren't a problem. Now the (estimated) 270,000 addicts are criminals and are a problem. It's the 1971 Act that actually created the problem.

The problem with your argument is that the UK in 1971 and the UK in 2008 are two completely different societies. Given the clear decline, that's occurred year after year, I'd suggest that if it were decriminalised - they'd be more than 270,000 of these useless zombies.

The other day I was in a pharmacy with my Wife, she had to wait for her prescription whilst several individuals, clearly heroin users, had their prescriptions for (I guess) methadone expedited. :o

Hi all,

I want to direct you to a video that shows the BKK Hilton and some of the inmates.

Many people inside there are suspected ore convicted drug dealers, rapist or murderers.

The question is: Do those people deserve the death penalty?

Or should they be helped to prepare them to go back in the real world, accepting they made a mistake once in their lives?

Go here to see the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy880cLxRvw

Please all do not go bashing drugs and such, just think about it.

Do people deserve a second chance?

Kind regards,

Alex

Sorry, the video hasn't manage to change my mind.

I still THINK these people deserve to die. On this overpopulated earth, we don't need people like them.

They know way more about drug addicted people than average people like us and still continued profit on their lives and families.

And addicts themselves should also face some penalties as well...

Just my opinion.

I still THINK these people deserve to die. On this overpopulated earth, we don't need people like them.

Do we need people that go to war ?

Do we need people who produce landmines that blow the legs off of children ?

Do we need people who produce Alcohol and Cigarettes which are responsible for millions of deaths each and every year ?

Do we need Governments that profit from the tax on these Killers ?

Do we need the unemployed or the unemployable, the sick, the handicapped, the old, the poor, the vandals, drunk drivers, smokers, drinkers etc etc ?

How many people do you think deserve to Die in this overpopulated world ?

interesting documentary.

i agree that people who commit crimes knowing the punishments should accept them.

i also agree that the punishments in thailand are too harsh for drug dealers.

rapists and murderers deserve harsh punishments, but i don't really think people in govts should be playing 'god' and commiting murder themselves.

however i support the death penalty because it is better than life imprisonment.

Edited by girlx

I'm all for the death penalty if I can be guaranteed that the actual guilty party is executed. The numbers of wrongly convicted worldwide indicated that alot of people not guilty would otherwise be executed. That would then make those that say kill them complicit in murder. For those in favour of the death penalty, I would be more understanding if you were the ones to do the execution. It's alot easier when we get someone else to do the job, aint it?

I have no problem whatsoever with the execution of heroin trafficers. Unfortunately, it is always the junkie, or those with sub normal intelligence or obliged to deal because of economic conditions that are caught. The snakehead always goes free and tosses up a few more mules to meet the arrest quotas. Arrest and convict the snakehead and I will not stand in your way. When is the last time the ringleaders were ever caught and convicted?