Hi all,

Can anyone confirm the Home office requirements ?

My Thai wife is on a 2 year spouse visa in the UK. We understand that she must get an ESOL certificate. Ok she is studying now at our local college.I am still unclear about the requirements. I understand that she must show that she has progressed from one level to another , eg ESOL level 2 to level 3.

To explain . , i understand that each ESOL course consists of 3 terms . Term 1 is studying " Speaking and Listening" , term 2 is "reading" and term 3 is "Writing".

now after term one my wife took a test and passed and so she was told that she would be issued with a pass certificate to say that she studied ESOL Speaking and Listening. So to me i think that she has progressed from Level 2 to 3 in ESOL Speaking and Listening,

But is this enough requirement for immigration to apply for the ILR or i am wondering does she have to study all 3 terms to get the correct certificate?

I hope you can all understand my points and what it is i am getting at.

Thanks for any advice

Scooty

Thanks Scouse , you may well be right but i really would like to know for sure. The problem is that i did speak with a tutor from the college and she told me that just studying for one term was ok , but im not convinced. It would be great if anyone has actually applied for ILR to give us there opinion and what ESOL certificate they supplied.

Thanks

Scooty

Thanks for the replies.

yes my wife is studying the ESOLwith citizenship course.

But what i am unclear about is:-

My wife has studied term one. "Speaking and listening" she then took a test at the end of the term and passed . The teacher says she will be given a certificate to say that she has passed. So i assume that she has now progressed from Entry level 2 to Entry level 3 in ESOL " Speaking and listening". But i dont know if she is reqiured to pass all 3 sections and to show 3 certificates. I have read the links provided by Vinnie but this information is not given.I feel this matter should be cleared up so as people know exactlly what the requirements are.

i shall continue to find out this information once and for all.i will let you all know for sure when i find out.

Scooty

• 9 months later...
But i dont know if she is reqiured to pass all 3 sections and to show 3 certificates.

i shall continue to find out this information once and for all.i will let you all know for sure when i find out.

Can anyone confirm that you need all 3 certificates "Speaking and Listening" , "reading" and "Writing"?

Thanks