It's Finally Happened.

Shrubbery

I'm going against the grain here but I will move to any airline that offers mobile services. I spend far too long in the air to not use the time for work communication. I'll try and keep my voice down for any TV members :o

IMHO no phone call is that important it cannot wait until you land, just leave a message on your voicemail to callers to leave their name and tel number and when you will be available to take calls., then switch your phone off until you land and are in the airport building.

+1 exactly !!

If you can't make provision for a long flight then you're in the wrong job.

If its personal then you can do nothing until you land or perhaps now we'll have passengers claiming Emergency and requesting immediate landing......... :whistling:

I suspect that the majority of passengers will be 'priced out'... meaning satellite call charges will apply and thats expensive and thus filter out most of the potential users. My phone will be staying off, but it's also good to have the option to make a call if necessary.

The airlines would do far better to provide internet in the air (at reasonable costs).... I think more people would find this far more useful than the use of their phone.