Hommous

McGee

Can anybody point me in the Direction where to get "Chicken Peas" to make some nice Hommous? I found "Tahini" in the Patong Deli, and i thought that dried Food like those Pease are easy to get. But i am unlucky so far, :o

alas, chick peas (garbanzos) are impossible to find outside of places that stock western foods...can't even find dried ones. I always chuckled thru my tears at the bitter irony 'can find tahina but can't find no garbanzos...' :o .

However...there are plenty of varieties of thai eggplant (aubergine) around which can be used in an imaginative fashion with the tahina to make baba ganoush. Roast the eggplant and get rid of the skin, mash up the pulp with garlic and add generous dollops of the tahina. Add lime juice (lemon juice if you got it) and salt to taste. Mash up some more until you got the consistency you require or put through a blender/food processor...

now, all ye gotta do is pretend that you got sum fresh arabic bread and bob's yer uncle :D ...can always substitute toast (poor substitute, unfortunately)