Gazebo / Sala

TheAceFace

Gazebos?

WOODEN gazebos?

salas. et al.

I have to agree they look great...and it's not just me who admires them...pluaak LOVE them.

I was delighted to become the proud owner of a garden sala when I bought my house.

Unfortunately the white ants got there first..and it was absolutely riddled with them.

If you can find some way to keep the little buggars out, I'm sure it would be a pleasant place to sit.

For the garden, to relax in the evenings.

Does anybody know any good suppliers in Pattaya, I am looking for a Thai / Bali style one.

Do any of you guy's already have one, pics would be nice.

Cheers

Ace

Had mine custom built with my design but expensive. I have seen a couple of places on sukemvit [sp?] on the way to bangkok from pattaya. withing a 20 minute ride with many prebuilt wooden gazebos. one of the places must have 20 or more of them there. worth a drive

great way to live, i spend a lot of time in it and it has a koi pond around 3 sides of it

jimmy

post-24771-1206411928_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know any good suppliers in Pattaya, I am looking for a Thai / Bali style one.

Cheers

Ace

Had mine custom built with my design but expensive. I have seen a couple of places on sukemvit [sp?] on the way to bangkok from pattaya. withing a 20 minute ride with many prebuilt wooden gazebos. one of the places must have 20 or more of them there. worth a drive

great way to live, i spend a lot of time in it and it has a koi pond around 3 sides of it

jimmy

Thats very nice Jimmy,

Just what Im after or very similar, if you don't mind me asking, what size is the area and was it expensive to be custom made?

Ace

Cheers

Ace

jimmy

Thats very nice Jimmy,

Just what Im after or very similar, if you don't mind me asking, what size is the area and was it expensive to be custom made?

Ace

hello i may have something right up your street so to speak.....im selling my sala due to having house extension and eventually pool so even though i love it......wont have space for it.it cost me 65k baht after some hard haggling but i am selling for 30k baht,this includes delivery and set up as i can contact company i bought it from to do this....better the people ho built it to do this but you can organise your own pick up if you were interested.i will try and put pic here ..if for some reason i cant then pm me and i will email to you.it seats 6 comfortably,has a table,light can be connected to electric,teak decorative parts....it is aprox 3.5m x 3.5m.

Cheers

Ace

jimmy

Thats very nice Jimmy,

Ace

hello i may have something right up your street so to speak.....im selling my sala due to having house extension and eventually pool so even though i love it......wont have space for it.it cost me 65k baht after some hard haggling but i am selling for 30k baht,this includes delivery and set up as i can contact company i bought it from to do this....better the people ho built it to do this but you can organise your own pick up if you were interested.i will try and put pic here ..if for some reason i cant then pm me and i will email to you.it seats 6 comfortably,has a table,light can be connected to electric,teak decorative parts....it is aprox 3.5m x 3.5m.

post-51805-1206621684_thumb.jpg

post-51805-1206621815_thumb.jpg

9 months ago, this cost me 22,000B (got them down from 24). They delivered it, then came back and varnished it after I had treated the wood to prevent ants/termites. It's a 6 seater, and I think the price to have been very cheap compared to others I had looked at.

If you are still interested in getting one, let me know and I can tell you where I found it.

070630296dn2.jpg

Cheers

Ace

There is a company making really nice Thai bali style sala's on the way to Bang Saray, go through Ban Amphur, then continue for about 2 to 3 miles I guess, & your see some real nice ones for sale on the left side of sukumvit, before you get to Nong Nooch, no idea on prices as never stopped to ask, but look really nice

Cheers

Ace

There is a company making really nice Thai bali style sala's on the way to Bang Saray, go through Ban Amphur, then continue for about 2 to 3 miles I guess, & your see some real nice ones for sale on the left side of sukumvit, before you get to Nong Nooch, no idea on prices as never stopped to ask, but look really nice

Very Expensive-live in Bang Sare & looked at them OUCH!!!!

9 months ago, this cost me 22,000B (got them down from 24). They delivered it, then came back and varnished it after I had treated the wood to prevent ants/termites.

any foundations or just set into the ground? if foundations, were they included in the price?

hello i may have something right up your street so to speak.....im selling my sala due to having house extension and eventually pool so even though i love it......wont have space for it.it cost me 65k baht after some hard haggling but i am selling for 30k baht,this includes delivery and set up as i can contact company i bought it from to do this....better the people ho built it to do this

i'm interested. have sent you a PM. please call me.

Yep Thats the one. another 100,000-200,000 you got a small baan with a foundation. Maybe they are lined with 24k gold!

mines going cheap :o

monspencers is nice but mine is in a different league :D ...........i looked around everywhere before i bought it and found many places were very very expensive for a quality sala.......they told me wood is expensive here...and it is....but like you say(beardog) you can build a house for 300k .

Yep Thats the one. another 100,000-200,000 you got a small baan with a foundation. Maybe they are lined with 24k gold!

monspencers is nice but mine is in a different league :D ...........i looked around everywhere before i bought it and found many places were very very expensive for a quality sala.......they told me wood is expensive here...and it is....but like you say(beardog) you can build a house for 300k .

Yes I would agree. Your sala is very nice & the price is about the best I have seen for that model. I think the jokers wanted close to 100k for that model.

9 months ago, this cost me 22,000B (got them down from 24). They delivered it, then came back and varnished it after I had treated the wood to prevent ants/termites.

any foundations or just set into the ground? if foundations, were they included in the price?

No foundations, just sitting on concrete blocks. Very heavy and sturdy, no chance of it falling over, unless we have an earthquake. BTW, it has survived having some very heavy farangs sitting in it! :o

Yes I would agree. Your sala is very nice & the price is about the best I have seen for that model. I think the jokers wanted close to 100k for that model.

thanks and a lot of these places wont discount from their ridiculous prices......i tried and struggled to get a 2% discount at most of em then i found this one and he was up for a haggle......wish i didnt have to sell it but i really aint got the room no more :D

Take route 7 towards the Bangkok Motorway.

You pass the Sri Racaha area, but before you reach the motorway proper, you will see a huge area full of wooden salas for sale off the left side of the road. When you turn in, you will be amazed at the quantities, sizes and styles - everything form the ones shown in this thread to fully fledged two storey, 3 bedroom teak houses.

The prices there are much cheaper than those places on the way to Bang Sare and beyond, and you are spoilt for choice - believe me.

You can bargain them down, and they will deliver and erect.

It is a family firm (wholesale and retail), and they also supply many of the sala sales places in the Pattaya area, where obviously the prices are inflated.

You won't be disappointed if you go and have a look. It's maybe 25 minutes drive from Pattaya.

You pass the Sri Racaha area, but before you reach the motorway proper, you will see a huge area full of wooden salas for sale off the left side of the road. When you turn in, you will be amazed at the quantities, sizes and styles - everything form the ones shown in this thread to fully fledged two storey, 3 bedroom teak houses.

The prices there are much cheaper than those places on the way to Bang Sare and beyond, and you are spoilt for choice - believe me.

It is a family firm (wholesale and retail), and they also supply many of the sala sales places in the Pattaya area, where obviously the prices are inflated.

You won't be disappointed if you go and have a look. It's maybe 25 minutes drive from Pattaya.

Cheers Mobi

I will try and find the place when I am back from work.

Do you have a name or contact number for the place? I have seen a few small places along that route, but none that size.

Ace

Cheers Mobi

Do you have a name or contact number for the place? I have seen a few small places along that route, but none that size.

Ace

Sorry, I can't track down the name or number.

You really can't miss it - I've seen it every time I drive to Bangkok, as it's a large place on the left hand side - just keep your eyes on the look out for gazebos and wooden houses. It's well before the motorway proper, but I can't tell you the precise location. Maybe someone else can, but don't worry, I'm the most unobservant person in the world, and even I can find it.

Cheers Mobi

Ace

Hi there,

Bought mine there 4 years ago. Had a small water leakage in the roof after abt 6 months and after 1 phonecall, they came and fixed it free of charge.

Mine seats 6 people easy and is very sturdy. The wood is treated against vermin.

Here some details :

Company : Baan Ruen Thai

tel.: 018170002 and 0410030009

fax 02.5893332.

Paid 56.000 Baht for mine, where similar here in Pattaya around 100.000 Baht. They have different models with different prices, and they use good quality hardwood.

cheers

onzestan

Sorry have no pictures.

Hope to have helped.