Football Attendances

siampaulibuyasia

does anyone know the answer to this ? for instance as usual spurs v portsmouth was a sell out way b4 match day so spurs had the money for a full attendance, but the official attendence on match day was less than full by about 700, so i would imagine the clubs only give the official attendance on who turns up on the day is this true ? and i would expect some silly comments from someone or i would b disappointed

Edited by siampaulibuyasia

Plenty of season ticket holders dont turn up for games v less glamourous team so yes they only show how many are in the ground.

I cant think of any devastatingly whitty empty stadium jokes though.

Talking about empy stadiums...chants heard after the Derby game when City fans were kept behind for half an hour ("Sh1t ground no fans" and "They're here, they're there, they're every flippin where, empty seats, empty seats")” :o

Bredbury Blue

(In a rare venture off the Man City page)

Plenty of season ticket holders dont turn up for games v less glamourous team so yes they only show how many are in the ground.

I cant think of any devastatingly whitty empty stadium jokes though.

Talking about empy stadiums...chants heard after the Derby game when City fans were kept behind for half an hour ("Sh1t ground no fans" and "They're here, they're there, they're every flippin where, empty seats, empty seats")" :o

Bredbury Blue

(In a rare venture off the Man City page)

very good i like that one :D

My understanding is that season ticket holders are counted although the attendance figure should reflect the clicks on the turnstiles as the actual attendance on the day could come into reckoning in the event of an emergency.

In days gone by, when standing was allowed and capacities tended to fluctuate, it was not a well kept secret that some clubs reported attendances lower than the actual figures to avoid tax payments. These days that isn't so easy to do, nor altogether necessary in the Premier League due to the money coming in from TV and sponsorship.

Areas of segregation vary widely at some clubs according to the opposition's uptake of tickets offered as well as restrictions imposed by the police or the club itself if they object to the behavour of oppositon fans on previous visits.

For example, Sunderland would require a greater number of seats to be used for a derby with Newcastle and in theory would be more likely to achieve a capacity crowd against a smaller club like Wigan, Blackburn or Chelsea ...

My understanding is that season ticket holders are counted although the attendance figure should reflect the clicks on the turnstiles as the actual attendance on the day could come into reckoning in the event of an emergency.

In days gone by, when standing was allowed and capacities tended to fluctuate, it was not a well kept secret that some clubs reported attendances lower than the actual figures to avoid tax payments. These days that isn't so easy to do, nor altogether necessary in the Premier League due to the money coming in from TV and sponsorship.

Areas of segregation vary widely at some clubs according to the opposition's uptake of tickets offered as well as restrictions imposed by the police or the club itself if they object to the behavour of oppositon fans on previous visits.

For example, Sunderland would require a greater number of seats to be used for a derby with Newcastle and in theory would be more likely to achieve a capacity crowd against a smaller club like Wigan, Blackburn or Chelsea ...

Usually when a mackem says something it is just best to smile at him and nod in agreement no matter how strange what he is saying maybe. As you know when he gets home he has to take care of 6 kids all by different fathers while his wife now 16 stone who was never to clever looking even in her prime is out spending the family giro on raffle tickets at the local Labour clubs weekly meat draw raffle, though she is always thoughful enough to put enough cash by for 600 Mayfair cigarettes and 48 litres of white lightening as a treat for the kids now theyre almost teenagers.

But in this case as the topic is empty seats i would hang off this Mackems every word as he's got a lifetimes knowledge in this area.

In the 'Empty Seats' league table this season, you guys ain't doing as badly as you usually do. Perhaps because you haven't been relegated by October could be the difference.

As always, Boro are number one, but they seem to be being run closely this year by Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and surprising new contenders Man City. :o

Usually when a mackem says something it is just best to smile at him and nod in agreement no matter how strange what he is saying maybe. As you know when he gets home he has to take care of 6 kids all by different fathers while his wife now 16 stone who was never to clever looking even in her prime is out spending the family giro on raffle tickets at the local Labour clubs weekly meat draw raffle, though she is always thoughful enough to put enough cash by for 600 Mayfair cigarettes and 48 litres of white lightening as a treat for the kids now theyre almost teenagers.

But in this case as the topic is empty seats i would hang off this Mackems every word as he's got a lifetimes knowledge in this area.

You're a right knowledgeable bastard, aren't you? :o And I am not a Mackem. I was born in Wallsend, therefore making me a red and white Geordie. When you graduate from kindergarten let me know and I'll book you up for primary school classes. :D

Edited by Sunderland

In the 'Empty Seats' league table this season, you guys ain't doing as badly as you usually do. Perhaps because you haven't been relegated by October could be the difference.

As always, Boro are number one, but they seem to be being run closely this year by Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and surprising new contenders Man City. :o

Well the Mags have a fantastic average attendance for a number of years now, but on Sunday 20th April there will be plenty of empty seats as the barcoded masses make an early exit when miserably trailing to a resurgent Sunderland. :D

As always, Boro are number one, but they seem to be being run closely this year by Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and surprising new contenders Man City. :D

Well the Mags have a fantastic average attendance for a number of years now, but on Sunday 20th April there will be plenty of empty seats as the barcoded masses make an early exit when miserably trailing to a resurgent Sunderland. :D

Ha Ha!! No Chance!! :o

You're a right knowledgeable bastard, aren't you? :o And I am not a Mackem. I was born in Wallsend, therefore making me a red and white Geordie. When you graduate from kindergarten let me know and I'll book you up for primary school classes. :D

Will he met the criteria? :D

With such a poor reply i think we can call this 1-1 after you decimated my post on ex NUFC managers. :D

With such a poor reply i think we can call this 1-1 after you decimated my post on ex NUFC managers. :D

It'll not be 1-1 on Sunday 20th April.

FTM 2-1 :D