Tolkien's Small People Beginning With 'h'?

urbanprimate

Does anyone know what's up with the recent blocking of websites related to these guys? I was trying to get some images of H-house concept art and was met with repeated 'access denied' notifications. As I can't really think of anything more benign than Bilbo-kind, I'm extremely curious. Again, it's just the 'H' word, nothing else Tolkien related.

Any particular reason your not willing to say Hobbit? :o

I did a search for 'hobbit house concept art' and the first 5 results opened just fine. It might help if you post the addresses of the sites that are blocked for you so others can check.

Thanks for looking into it; still no-go here (Chiang Mai), any mention of the word hobbit in a google search brings back the same 'access denied' notification. Even a search on ThaiVisa for the word got me the error page. Everything else works fine: elves, dragons, cob houses...it's kinda bizarre. :o

Thanks for the link! What an awesome achievement; the sites listed on the 'links' page are pretty great as well.
I just did a search for Hobbit House, and had no problem with sites being blocked.

Here is a picture of a nice one in Wales. Here is the website. Lots of nice pictures.

front.jpg

I have a wierd family friend / uncle sort (called Jim the kilt, wears only a kilt 12 months a year.. Mad as a hatter).. Who lives in a similar structure in west ireland he built with his own hands.. After getting sick of living in a teepee for years !!

Those look pretty cool, maybe wouldn't be so bad as small hide-away retreat up near Chiang Mai. But I'm more of a modern person for my main dwelling. I like all the creature comforts, ubc, aircon, adsl etc.

One should certainly have what they fancy, but as the pg's (power goons) continue dipping their kodiac paws into ever-dwindling planetary resources, low-impact living with an emphasis on aesthetics-minded practicality will certainly become an ever more alluring alternative. Disenchantment with old paradigm assumptions and stories has definitely set in with this pup. :o