How Fast Can One Earn Money

I ran teams of sub contract construction workers.. That developed into a kind of constructions / civils temping agency, which evolved into a fairly large (1000 new employees per year) employment agency.

If you have ever heard of Auf Weidersien Pet then thats what I did.. Carrying around 1/2 million Euros in holdalls.. Getting paid by big firms when your a 20 something is entertainment too..

All of it in the lose grey area of international temping.. There basically are not firm hard and fast laws around taxation, every country tries to claim the guys taxes for themselves, its a total legal free for all where the countries tax offices fight dirty, and with Mainland Euro having truly heart stopping taxation rates on income and for the company there were huge margins to play with.. I was opening new companies a couple per year and bouncing books between everything. We were conservatively valued at 10m GBP for a fast sale but that fell through (so close) when fraud squad landed.. I left by the back door. Years later all court cases were either won or dropped and we were proved right in what we had done, by then the company was toast anyway, it was the kind of business where you blink and its over. 24 hour hustle, 7 days a week, years on end.

Fun years.. Best time to live fast and lose, crashing porsches and being a fool wityh money is when your in your 20's.. I would probably struggle more with the 100 hour work weeks now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......edit...Fun years.. Best time to live fast and lose, crashing porsches ...

:D poor thing! I retired right after birth and crashed Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Maseratis and Aston Martins by the dozen when I was just 18, gave away dozens of 8 oz cans of Beluga Malossol Caviar and Paul Roederer Champagne for the Hungry and Thirsty! :o:D:D

Why work if you can PnP? :D

Samuian I signed a East European into the UK 5 years ago he does the exact same thing as livinginlos did and has made several million sterling in 4 years of running this business though he has 50-100 staff at a time, the first year he was working for minimum wage as a labourer on building sites.

However he did have a lot of very rich East European contacts in London who were developing property, which does show who you know more then helps.

Get as much credit from the banks then bankruptcy is not a bad little earner if you need quickly at least you wont go to jail this way.

Im starting a business in the next 3 months that will either lose me 5k GBP or make 100k-200k GBP in a year, i will be studying something else at the same time as a safety net.

Eastern Euros flooding the market was also a reason why it was time to leave.. Labor rates for low skilled workers were crashing, they could have 3 poles for one Brit.. Tho by then I had moved a lot of the turnover into the more lucrative (and slightly less drunk frontline construction footsolder) engineering etc.. ASME 9 coded pipe welders were gold dust.. I tried to get into temping tech workers but I was starting just as indian outsourcing was the new buzzword. Wrong timing for the market really and truth be told I was at near breakdown levels after 5 years of 18 - 20 hour days.. Time to go somewhere tropical and recharge for a few years.

My old partners are constantly on at me to restart in new markets.. Iceland has high labor rates and taxation and a very tight summertime market.. Libya is ready to rock for the oil trades and needs massive infrastructure development, plus it has the money to throw at it.

As to giving away caviar, I used to hand out about 2 - 3k per week in bribes easy, every site I walked onto the foremen in charge of my men (who signed the timesheets :o ) copped a 50 or 100 EUR.. My biggest bribe ever was a brand new SUV, (horrid voxhaul fortuna, but its what he wanted.. Got 120 men back onto a job after the christmas shutdown in Germany) that job alone was making me probably 70 - 90k marks (pre Eur) per week..

Hi! can anyone tell me how i can make very quick money?... Seems am in bad shape need to do something before i get reli very bad.... am serious... I want to hear if any one does have any advice for my question.... I work very hard but it still can’t support many of my needs thus i am seeking for some ones advice or to allow me with fast earning work.... many talk about having lots of money, they don’t know where to put but for me that’s not the case... i tried and trying reli very hard but hmmm... no much progress... so please I am seriously seeking for advice.... i can work am still young but the thing is how and how to earn faster...

:o

A good start might be sorting out which of your "needs" are just wants.

:D

This is a topic I've discussed many times with acquaintances the last couple years. Even individuals with modest incomes can accumulate wealth over time if they save 15-20% of their income. I took a different approach into my early 30s. I worked extremely hard for a few years and then took off a few years and played hard. I repeated this cycle many times and had some great times traveling the world.

At the end of my last cycle, I realized that this model wouldn't work into my old age. I was 34 and newly wed. I had only 10k US dollars in the bank. Now I've been working my arse off for 6 years and playing catchup.

My advise would be to set a financial goal and don't get sidetracked. It's boring, but it works. Sht happens along the way and it isn't easy. I've wanted to quit the rat race a few times, but now I've surpassed my goals and will soon be living the carefree life I've lived in the past.

Youre the American version of me only im several years younger, Ive a better nest egg in the bank to begin with to when you started, but im starting new more sensible ventures and will be where you are in several years. Im not looking forward to the part of having to cut down on my 3-6 month holidays though.

It hasn't been that bad making the sacrafices. I would have loved to continue my lifestyle, but that would have probably ended with me in the poor house at 50. The problem now is that I can't determine when to stop saving and head to Thailand. I crunch the numbers every few months, and tell myself that I would even be better off if I saved another 100-200K. I expect I'll pul the trigger soon and make the move.

....edit...

However he did have a lot of very rich East European contacts in London who were developing property, which does show who you know more then helps.

Get as much credit from the banks then bankruptcy is not a bad little earner if you need quickly at least you wont go to jail this way.

there is to everything this "little" loop, isn't it?

Well guys shake, rattle 'n roll it out!

I think it's perfectly possible to acquire wealth relatively quickly, even in paid employment. I'm not wealthy. But I'm not poor. I guess I'm more conservative than most, though.

I'm a saver. Always have been, always will be. It drives Mrs Bendix mad, but I've worked hard over the last 5 years and saved hard and now I find myself in the position where my net worth is increasing around $5000 a month through interest earnings alone. I try to save a similar amount. Compound interest is a wonderful thing, baby.

Accumulating wealth is pretty simple. It's the old Mr Micawber mantra - spend less than you earn.

I wish i had the cajones for business, but I've built a stake which I'm not comfortable risking on some business venture. I'm happier taking the slow, methodical route.

I wish i had the cajones for business, but I've built a stake which I'm not comfortable risking on some business venture. I'm happier taking the slow, methodical route.

Business can be just as slow and steady, and you can always pull the plug if it's not going your way (given, not as easy as a few clicks of a mouse like say when a foreign currency time deposit starts not going your way). For business ventures, I tend to make rolls of the dice with my interest and rental income, much more "comfortable" that way.

Anyone who says you can't make enough money as an employee simply hasn't been paid enough.

I bought a flat in London in 1993 (probably one of the last times a single person on a regular income could actually buy in London), and struggled to make the mortgage payments, which basically forced me to find a job that paid more. I liked the job I had, and was happy enough working there. It was my first and only job after leaving University, and I felt comfortable there. I was just struggling, now that I had a mortgage, with living on how much I was paid.

Two years after leaving, I was making more than 4 times as much, doing a fairly similar job, just for a company that required me to wear a suit (and even that was no longer required a couple of years later). Occasionally, in months where I've worked overtime and on weekends, I've made more money in one month than I made in the whole of 1993.

But if I'd not been struggling with that first mortgage, I'd probably still be happy enough working at my original company, on a fraction of my current income.

The need to earn more money forced me to get off my butt and leave the safety of the only job I'd ever known and go out and get a job that paid more. Hopefully you'll be as lucky as I was.

Anyone who says you can't make enough money as an employee simply hasn't been paid enough.

I bought a flat in London in 1993 (probably one of the last times a single person on a regular income could actually buy in London), and struggled to make the mortgage payments, which basically forced me to find a job that paid more. I liked the job I had, and was happy enough working there. It was my first and only job after leaving University, and I felt comfortable there. I was just struggling, now that I had a mortgage, with living on how much I was paid.

Two years after leaving, I was making more than 4 times as much, doing a fairly similar job, just for a company that required me to wear a suit (and even that was no longer required a couple of years later). Occasionally, in months where I've worked overtime and on weekends, I've made more money in one month than I made in the whole of 1993.

But if I'd not been struggling with that first mortgage, I'd probably still be happy enough working at my original company, on a fraction of my current income.

The need to earn more money forced me to get off my butt and leave the safety of the only job I'd ever known and go out and get a job that paid more. Hopefully you'll be as lucky as I was.

Completely agree with all of this, except that bit about luck. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's about application, perseverance, and getting on with it.

Completely agree with all of this, except that bit about luck. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's about application, perseverance, and getting on with it.

No - there is definitely some luck involved.

It's definitely not the only thing, or even the main thing, but there's some luck involved.

No - there is definitely some luck involved.

It's definitely not the only thing, or even the main thing, but there's some luck involved.

Is it luck or judgement?

It's both. All the judgement in the world won't bring about wars or a 39-40 Baht to the dollar export market for 7-8 years in a row. But even that kind of luck isn't "luck" at all if you're not prepared for it, if you haven't used judgement in the previous years building up cash reserves to run with it when the opportunity presents itself. From the outside, people would just call that guy lucky (and some whingers would even say that he must have cheated or took corrupt kickbacks and inside info. somehow), from the inside... a self centered person would call it skill and discipline. A more honest person would likely say to himself that a little "luck" was indeed involved.

Edited by Heng

a lot of very funny people on this forum ...(NOOOOOOT)

who does not want to earn a lot of money first LOOOOL

no magic skeem .... rob a bank, become a drug dealer / hooker manager ?

in those 3 cases, high risk of getting into jail, got shot or death sentence ...

5555 (hahaha for those who don't speak thai, 5 being ha )

a lot of very funny people on this forum ...(NOOOOOOT)

who does not want to earn a lot of money first LOOOOL

no magic skeem .... rob a bank, become a drug dealer / hooker manager ?

in those 3 cases, high risk of getting into jail, got shot or death sentence ...

5555 (hahaha for those who don't speak thai, 5 being ha )

Hmmm, be polite guys - he is a little challenged.

dont some think here that this is just a scam? The OP stumbles out some unclear message and the pattaya girl comes up with that brainwashing link while the OP doesnt even apply here anymore?

thaiclan what can you state beyond the fact that you didnt have a job since 21 and are 31 now? Did you create some wealth or just living a few unconcerned years? The watch is ticking dont forget that and the things you love simply dont always corellate with the things you need.

...and then there are others who think it all must be a scam and surely you cant be wealthy and not have a job?? Does not compute.

Its not NOT having a job, but a having your own job on your own terms with yourself in control.

I built my wealth up slowly like many posts say. I just had an early insight into what actually works and what doesn't (that being a 9-5). I diversified and learned new skills and continue to view each opportunity with excitement and possibility. Thus I own several businesses and I trade online and invest in others to trade too.

Like Phillip posts, one of the biggest winning strategies is not to get caught up in the rat race and believe that owning a bigger house, car, stuff will amount to fulfillment or any increase wealth. Know what you want, and more importantly know WHY you want it. Many ppl accumulate blindly without a bigger picture of what they want in Life. Likewise many ppl continue working without asking the questions of how much they need to stop, if the want to stop, and what they would do if they did.

I always equate money with freedom, and even back at age 21 there didn't seem much freedom in offering 2 thirds of my waking Life to someone else's purpose.

As I have lived here for 6 years I have met many people who are working away and then arrive in LOS (and Im sure other parts of the world) and their brain starts to re-programme about what they really want in Life and what it is all about. They start doing the math and usually come up with something like "I'll go back and work and save for the next 5 or so years then come out here with x amount". I learned a little trick from my friend and I use it on this people. I get a measuring tape - the retractable metal kind is a best visual. First I take out a long length of say 73 years (average age a man over 50 now could live), we start by taking off any major life impairing factors (smoking, drinking, disease) whats left I take off their current age, now we are looking at a small stick end of a measuring tape shooting up into the air. Maybe 15 or so "years" on there. How many of those are going to be quality, pain free year - who knows, but what the visual does tell them very very clearly is that you 'ain't got the time to waste that you think you have. Don't go back to building the pyramids just for another few years, it wont happen, not once you are over 50 or so. The best option at this stage is to get realistic about what you really need - stop chasing that yacht if what you can have more easily is a nice little house with a sea view.

This works on so many of my "friends" as it gives a clear example that tomorrows run out much soone and much more regretfully than those $ ambitions.

Samuian I signed a East European into the UK 5 years ago he does the exact same thing as livinginlos did and has made several million sterling in 4 years of running this business though he has 50-100 staff at a time, the first year he was working for minimum wage as a labourer on building sites.

Im starting a business in the next 3 months that will either lose me 5k GBP or make 100k-200k GBP in a year, i will be studying something else at the same time as a safety net.

I think it's called "crime" isn't it?! ...human trafficking, gangmastering, money laundering through property, and credit card and loan fraud... I should know, I used to be a mafia boss... until I had my sex change. :o

Eastern Euros flooding the market was also a reason why it was time to leave.. Labor rates for low skilled workers were crashing, they could have 3 poles for one Brit.. Tho by then I had moved a lot of the turnover into the more lucrative (and slightly less drunk frontline construction footsolder) engineering etc.. ASME 9 coded pipe welders were gold dust.. I tried to get into temping tech workers but I was starting just as indian outsourcing was the new buzzword. Wrong timing for the market really and truth be told I was at near breakdown levels after 5 years of 18 - 20 hour days.. Time to go somewhere tropical and recharge for a few years.

My old partners are constantly on at me to restart in new markets.. Iceland has high labor rates and taxation and a very tight summertime market.. Libya is ready to rock for the oil trades and needs massive infrastructure development, plus it has the money to throw at it.

As to giving away caviar, I used to hand out about 2 - 3k per week in bribes easy, every site I walked onto the foremen in charge of my men (who signed the timesheets :o ) copped a 50 or 100 EUR.. My biggest bribe ever was a brand new SUV, (horrid voxhaul fortuna, but its what he wanted.. Got 120 men back onto a job after the christmas shutdown in Germany) that job alone was making me probably 70 - 90k marks (pre Eur) per week..

ditto.

So do "Thai Visa" condone people bragging about their criminal activities on their forums, just as long as they don't say anything about the Thai monarchy?

I think it's perfectly possible to acquire wealth relatively quickly, even in paid employment. I'm not wealthy. But I'm not poor. I guess I'm more conservative than most, though.

I'm a saver. Always have been, always will be. It drives Mrs Bendix mad, but I've worked hard over the last 5 years and saved hard and now I find myself in the position where my net worth is increasing around $5000 a month through interest earnings alone. I try to save a similar amount. Compound interest is a wonderful thing, baby.

Accumulating wealth is pretty simple. It's the old Mr Micawber mantra - spend less than you earn.

Sounds similar to weight loss... burn more energy than you consume... logically then, any financial shortcut sounds like it might share similar hidden long-term problems that any short-cuts to a svelt figure might.

Mmmm... so many eyes lit up with avarice, as is not uncommon in youth when you see all the "stuff", "status" and opportunities (and often "access to girls") that it brings (there's a consistent amount of it on these forums).

What you can't usually get through to the young is that you change as you age; and that includes what you regard as important (if you're lucky).

To rate your success in terms of how much money you have is truly to be pitied. I envy only those who can do creative things like: make people laugh; invent or discover new things; play music, write, or paint...

All those who cheat or are born the recipients of nepotism, never truly value themselves as worthy in comparison to those who toil and create honestly... they might talk loud or throw around their money, but this acting out belies a secret sense of inadequacy and implicit knowledge that there is something gained in the journey that makes the arrival at the destination of less import.

I'm reminded of a documentary I saw in which porn star "Ron Jeremy", now middle aged, and looking like a sad haggared old taxi driver, lamented how lonely he was, and a lost love. The lust for flesh sounds much like the lust for money.

Don't envy those who crash porsches in their twenties and laugh at you; envy those who have the courage to give up something precious for someone else's sake.

For example myself. I have a job that I have hated for the last ten years. I am not self employed. I work very hard. The Masters always want more and are never satisfied with anything you do. I am under a lot of stress. However, in two years two and a half months. I will be able to retire. I will be 55 years old.

This is one of the most depressing things I have read all month. :o I can say hand on heart I would rather sleep the streets and eat out of bins.

For example myself. I have a job that I have hated for the last ten years. I am not self employed. I work very hard. The Masters always want more and are never satisfied with anything you do. I am under a lot of stress. However, in two years two and a half months. I will be able to retire. I will be 55 years old.

This is one of the most depressing things I have read all month. :o I can say hand on heart I would rather sleep the streets and eat out of bins.

Are we to take it that you've tried that and found it a more rewarding experience? :D

I think most people (certainly in the UK) hate their jobs... and "prosperity" if anything has brought more misery... but I think it's a rather contemptuous thing to say you'd give it up for what a disturbing amount of humanity has to endure... unless of course you've lived both ways and genuinely prefer it.

No I think you miss my point- he hates his job for ten years. If I only had two options left- his situation or homeless and digging the back of Tesco's for food, I would choose B hand on heart. Although as it happens I was once a bit like Tristram Stuart. My point being that for me, quality of life would be better in option B than in option A. YMMV

Edited by OxfordWill

In the early years of my time in investment banking I did contracts. Permanent wages were about 33%-50% of contract rates and with contracts and Ltd companies you paid no tax so your gross was your net. If you knew what you were doing you could move contracts or even hit your boss up for a rise to not leave. In one year I went from a few hundred a week to over 2k. Should have bought more property but very glad that I bought some.

For many people in the UK timing has everything to do with how they gained their wealth, as the guy who bought in London on a single salary wouldnt be able to do so now on a similar wage, especially as mortgage companies are now looking for a 25% deposit. Most people bought for somewhere to live back then and have got lucky with the government capping house building, mass immigration and the amount of credit available, which has boosted the property market to unaffordable levels.

With the East European i know, he came to London a few years before certain E European were accepted into the EU, but there was a basic scam to get low skilled into the country, he wouldnt have been able to do that business 10 years ago, hence timing again.

The other year i was earning and spending a fortune it wasnt due to my super intelligence more due to the overseas property market booming.

IMO for many luck and timing are major factors in making easy money.

Edited by howtoescape

"I have a job that I have hated for the last ten years. I am not self employed. I work very hard. The Masters always want more and are never satisfied with anything you do. I am under a lot of stress."

That's why they call it "work".

Don't have a vast knowledge of corporate employment. I've managed to travel for long periods since graduating from college. The last 5 yeas have been the longest period I've worked without taking a 1-4 years off.

I've met very few people that have loved their work. I have met many that are proud of their accomplishments and enjoy going to work most days. The ones that work extremely hard and move up the corporate ladder are the ones that are more likely to enjoy their work. The ones that work as little as possible and never move up are dissatisfied. I never understood why an individuals don't make small sacrifices so they aren't stuck doing the same mundane tasks year after year.

Employers for the most part notice hard workers, because they are the exceptions. I realized this early on and have been able to quickly move from the mundane to challenging positions in the few companies I have worked for the last 15 years.