Suvarnabhumi To Pattaya

Can anyone advise please? I have an elderly friend arriving from Australia next month, he will arrive at around 10pm and will go to Pattaya, what is the approximate cost of a taxi to Pattaya (Not an AOT limo they charge 3000 baht). Has anyone used a metered taxi? if so what was the fare? I assume you can negotiate a fixed rate with a metered taxi.

Any advice will be appreciated

Thank you

Can anyone advise please? I have an elderly friend arriving from Australia next month, he will arrive at around 10pm and will go to Pattaya, what is the approximate cost of a taxi to Pattaya (Not an AOT limo they charge 3000 baht). Has anyone used a metered taxi? if so what was the fare? I assume you can negotiate a fixed rate with a metered taxi.

Thank you

1200 baht or else get the hotel he is stayibg in to arrange a pick up might cost abit more tho

Thank you

1200 baht or else get the hotel he is stayibg in to arrange a pick up might cost abit more tho

Thanks for that cobhlad

Thank you

Thanks for that cobhlad

Mr T Taxi Service can meet him at the airport and transport him to his Pattaya hotel in a late model, air-con sedan for 1,000 baht. Price is inclusive of motor way and airport parking.

Their phone number: 66-38-720-318

That sounds good Mighty Mouse........Thank you

Mr T Taxi Service can meet him at the airport and transport him to his Pattaya hotel in a late model, air-con sedan for 1,000 baht. Price is inclusive of motor way and airport parking.

I use them all the time, always very good.

Keep the phone number in case of hicups so you can contact them.

They speak English at the reception centre but the drivers could be limited ( they are Thai after all ) as i usually find.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Have a Thai reference for the destination you wish to go to, hotel ect. to show the driver.

The last time i used them it had gone up a bit to cover the fuel increases ??????

I gave the driver 1200 which included a few baht for a tip, which he appreciated of course.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

I use them all the time, always very good.

Keep the phone number in case of hicups so you can contact them.

They speak English at the reception centre but the drivers could be limited ( they are Thai after all ) as i usually find.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Have a Thai reference for the destination you wish to go to, hotel ect. to show the driver.

The last time i used them it had gone up a bit to cover the fuel increases ??????

I gave the driver 1200 which included a few baht for a tip, which he appreciated of course.

marshbags :o

Thanks a lot guys, I'll pass all this on to my friend in Brisbane

If your friend would like to go a little cheaper route, Bell Travel operates a bus service from the airport to Pattaya. On arrival in Pattaya, they transport you to your hotel in a minivan.

Total cost = 150 baht.

The trip from the airport to Pattaya is in a large, air-conditioned bus, that (as far as I've seen), is never close to being crowded. For the return trip, they will pick you up at your hotel, drive you to the bus station, put you on another big bus and drop you off at the Departure area of the airport. Again, total fare = 150 baht.

You can reach them at [email protected]

The last number I had for them was - 038 370 0556 or maybe 089 449 8843

The buses depart the airport every 2 hours, starting at 08:00 until 6 pm (18:00)

I've found it just as easy to go to the bottom level of the airport by "Gate 7", look for the girl with the Bell Travel sign and buy a ticket from her.

How ever, if you contact them and they are expecting you, they will (sometimes) hold the bus for a few minutes if you are running a little late. On one trip, I arrived about 20 minutes before the bus was scheduled to leave. I called them to let them know where I was and that I might be late. I ended up getting there with a couple minutes to spare (but we still ended up waiting about 5 minutes for someone else !).

Anyways, just another alternative. (One thing nice with taking the taxi/limo route, is that you can usually get the driver to stop on the way in case you need a smoke/pee break, or want to hit a 7/11 for some "mix" !)

If your friend would like to go a little cheaper route, Bell Travel operates a bus service from the airport to Pattaya. On arrival in Pattaya, they transport you to your hotel in a minivan.

Total cost = 150 baht.

The trip from the airport to Pattaya is in a large, air-conditioned bus, that (as far as I've seen), is never close to being crowded. For the return trip, they will pick you up at your hotel, drive you to the bus station, put you on another big bus and drop you off at the Departure area of the airport. Again, total fare = 150 baht.

The buses depart the airport every 2 hours, starting at 08:00 until 6 pm (18:00)

I've found it just as easy to go to the bottom level of the airport by "Gate 7", look for the girl with the Bell Travel sign and buy a ticket from her.

How ever, if you contact them and they are expecting you, they will (sometimes) hold the bus for a few minutes if you are running a little late. On one trip, I arrived about 20 minutes before the bus was scheduled to leave. I called them to let them know where I was and that I might be late. I ended up getting there with a couple minutes to spare (but we still ended up waiting about 5 minutes for someone else !).

Anyways, just another alternative. (One thing nice with taking the taxi/limo route, is that you can usually get the driver to stop on the way in case you need a smoke/pee break, or want to hit a 7/11 for some "mix" !)

Thanks for that Kerryd

• 1 month later...

Thank you

I had a friend who lived in Pattaya and he recomended a private beautiful Toyota new sedan driven by a very nice lady who speaks english and tell you all about Pattaya. Not sure but she charged about 1000 baht. E-mail: [email protected].

• 1 month later...

Total cost = 150 baht.

Thanks for that good advice Kerryd. I am going to travel from Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi in a few weeks time, because I have only hand luggage my plan is to travel to and from Pattaya by Bell travel.

My questions are; I use Pattaya North bus station regularly, but where do I buy a ticket for the airport bus? should I pre-book and where do I wait, where does it leave from?

After arrival into Bangkok, which is the easiest way to get to lower level and find 'Gate 7' ?

Thanks. L115

how you get to the lowest floor:

use the lift or escalator (downstairs !) ;-)

to find gate 7:

If you look outside, its more on the left side ! look out for numbers or ask security men ! ;-)

If you find yourself in the restaurant, you were going far too left :-)

easy to find: the ouside doors are just one beside the other . Easy (for me !) to find !

ignore all men and women, who will ask you , where you want to go. Normaly they want you to rent a limousine ...

Thanks for that good advice Kerryd. I am going to travel from Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi in a few weeks time, because I have only hand luggage my plan is to travel to and from Pattaya by Bell travel.

My questions are; I use Pattaya North bus station regularly, but where do I buy a ticket for the airport bus? should I pre-book and where do I wait, where does it leave from?

When you get to the (Pattaya) bus station, go to the far end, past the ticket counters on the left side. At the end by the mini-mart, look right and you'll see the Bell Travel office.

If you are being dropped off, you can drive right to the end, go right and turn around in the parking area then pull up to the office.

(they will come pick you up though if you call them or send an email, but normally they only go to hotels. I used to have them come get me at the hotel across the soi from my apartment, but you never know how many other stops they have to make enroute back to the bus station)

(they will come pick you up though if you call them or send an email, but normally they only go to hotels. I used to have them come get me at the hotel across the soi from my apartment, but you never know how many other stops they have to make enroute back to the bus station)

I've used them five times now from my condo in Jomtien, and it never was a problem. I've also used them six time TO my condo in Jomtien, and again, no problem for the all-inclusive B150 price. They pick me up between 30 and 45 minutes before the schedueld departure time of the big bus from Pattaya Nua. A "taxi" (i.e. privately chartered baht bus) would cost around B200 for me from home to the Pattaya Nua bus station.