Another Heartwarming Story From Ther Depths Of Issaan

farangconnection

I had the misfortune to loose my wallet again yesterday. I was sure it was indoors, as I had only popped across the street for a couple of minutes to pick up a motor bike. I searched the house high and low, eventually realising it must have popped out of my pocket as I mounted my sturdy steed.

This morning.......no luck. A friutless search. Suddenly I was confronted by an old woman that beckoned me to come with her into the dark, depths of the " Forbidden City" ( What used to be Surin's slum area but has now had loads of money injected into it) When we got to her abode we was surrounded by the usual crowd of happy kids, where to my amazment she produced my wallet, intact from out of one of her draws. It had been found lying in the middle of the road and passed on to her. She then gave me the chanting and good luck ritual that accompanies these things. Oh how I love Thailand. If that had been Ramsgate, 28 people wouldn't have had to sign on this week.

In the early 60,s we were always amazed at the honesty and generosity of the thai villagers in outback Isaan, when we were on walkabout and entered a new village, the standard greetings after Sawadi and sabai dee mai was you look tired and hungry please enter my house refresh yoursenves and eat, the friendships made in those villages then are still as strong today :o Nignoy

I had the misfortune to loose my wallet again yesterday. I was sure it was indoors, as I had only popped across the street for a couple of minutes to pick up a motor bike. I searched the house high and low, eventually realising it must have popped out of my pocket as I mounted my sturdy steed.

This morning.......no luck. A friutless search. Suddenly I was confronted by an old woman that beckoned me to come with her into the dark, depths of the " Forbidden City" ( What used to be Surin's slum area but has now had loads of money injected into it) When we got to her abode we was surrounded by the usual crowd of happy kids, where to my amazment she produced my wallet, intact from out of one of her draws. It had been found lying in the middle of the road and passed on to her. She then gave me the chanting and good luck ritual that accompanies these things. Oh how I love Thailand. If that had been Ramsgate, 28 people wouldn't have had to sign on this week.

Good one Martin.

Glad you had had a bit of good luck. Are you SURE you was'nt dancing the night away with the old dear. Come on admit it :D:D

Ramsgate - drove thru last year, didnt stop. You would feel more a foriegner THERE now. Honest. :D That reminds me of when I used to work on a building-site in Salf London and I was the only English speaking person there. Is that a redundant copper pipe or 1300volts of electrical cable. KA-BOOM. This way to the morgue. :o

Stay Happy

:D

Dave

Last week I was at KFC in Carrefour Srinakarin in Bangkok.

Had to pay 245 baht, gave 1x 100 1x 500 2x 20 and 1x 5

Of course the 500 should have been a 100

I was in a hurry and walked quickly with my meal to the door and into the parking.

The 3 attendants rushed behind me and gave me the change ! This in the middle of Bangkok.....

I love Thailand !

The next day I went to Siam Commercial bank in Bangkok and withdrew some cash from my account in Sisaket and deposited it in my account in Uttaradit at the counter.

I left in a hurry and was called back to pay the charges ! to withdraw from the countryside and to deposit to the countryside while in Bangkok.....

TIT !

• 1 month later...

They might not have HAD TO SIGN ON BUT YOU CAN BET THEY WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO DO SO, presumably you mean Ramsgate Kent? :o by the way do you have a connection with Ramsgate kent?

roygsd

Ramsgate,

That brings back memories of a past life,

used to dine in Marchesies, very nice.

Sorry but I think you are confusing Ramsgate with Broadstairs, which is where the Restaurant you mentioned used to be until it was sold off about a year or so ago, went to school in B/stairs many years ago, changed for the worst I hear, Ramsgate was still is, and will continue to be a dump I am sorry to say.

Roygsd :o