View Talay 6 - Why Dont They Know

misterman21

I have been looking at buying a condo in the new View Talay 6 building. However, from my limited research it seems that any current view on the north side of the building will be blocked out by the construction of the new Central Hotel. (Strange thing is though that units to the front of the building which are only for sale as re-sales at upto 1 million baht more than original price will be the worst affected. Units to the 2nd road end - which will still have a city view are mostly for sale from View Talay!!!!!!!!

On the south side, the front higher floor units are only available as resales as they are more desirable due to the sea view. However, there is a large plot of undeveloped land adjacent to the new building and running from the beach road to 2nd road. I enquired in the view talay office, and a number of agents selling units in the building, and they all say the same thing: they dont know what is to happen with the land - and everyone that comes into their offices asks the same question.

Surely view talay must know what is to happen with this land. I think it is likely that another condo block or some other high construction will be built on this plot therfore blocking any decent view of the sea and making the front no more desirable than the back!

Does anyone have any idea what i s to happen with this plot??

Edited by misterman21

No telling what might be built on the vacant land but sure it won't be a nice low rise village complex. Expect something big and tall - maybe even another View Talay like what will probably go up between VT5 and VT7.

No telling what might be built on the vacant land but sure it won't be a nice low rise village complex. Expect something big and tall - maybe even another View Talay like what will probably go up between VT5 and VT7.

view talay 5 c and d already built where else are they going to put a and b :o

The construction noise (in and out of VT) will be unbearable for the next 5 years. All VT units are unfinished. Construction will be going on forever.

The vacant land to the south will be a high rise. Who knows when construction will begin.

The vacant land is front is too small for a high rise probably just a 5 or 6 level parking garage or shopping mall.

Hi misterman21,

For the north side we talked about the Central Festival Pattaya Beach on this thread :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1892958

390290265_d7869a3472_o.jpg

For the south side, there was no request for a building permit on this big plot

at the 10th of March when a friend of mine asked at the City Hall...

The south plot is about 50% bigger than the VT6 plot. Could be a big project...

Pattaya46

With limited sources of info here is what I have been told etc. about VT6

On the north side the shopping center will be only 8 storys high. VT6 is 27 so

19 storys should have a view forever.

South side who knows.

Beach side now has a pool and some new buildings etc.

Would be interesting to see whats in the contracts etc.

:o

I recall reading on the thread with the pics of the new Central Mall and Hotel that the hotel will consits of TWO towers (or maybe 1 hotel and 1 condo tower) even though the renderings show only 1 [hotel] tower.

In any case, the main issue most will encounter is the interior and exterior construction noise. This would drive just about anyone batty. Of course, it you buy now and retire in 10 years, everything should be build all around and you should then be able to move in and enjoy your unit :o

With limited sources of info here is what I have been told etc. about VT6

On the north side the shopping center will be only 8 storys high. VT6 is 27 so

19 storys should have a view forever.

South side who knows.

Beach side now has a pool and some new buildings etc.

Would be interesting to see whats in the contracts etc.

:o

What about the 29 storey hotel - even VT admit to this (look at the above posts)

If your on the 25th floor and a major fire breaks out, WHAT HAPPENS????????????

Does VT have sprinklers?

Do the sprinklers work?

In the event of a fire one must consider the benifit of living in the middle of a construction site - plenty of ladders and cranes at hand.

Never noticed any fire extinguishers anyware!!

I recall reading on the thread with the pics of the new Central Mall and Hotel that the hotel will consits of TWO towers (or maybe 1 hotel and 1 condo tower) even though the renderings show only 1 [hotel] tower.

In any case, the main issue most will encounter is the interior and exterior construction noise. This would drive just about anyone batty. Of course, it you buy now and retire in 10 years, everything should be build all around and you should then be able to move in and enjoy your unit :o

So true. Tnx for the laugh.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any update on the big plot of land next to View Talay 6 on the south-side?

Now that we know the units on the north-side will have no view, seems to me that the units on the south-side are a lot more valuable.

There is a rumour (from well known sources), that this has already been secured by the VT company. Of course they will not let this be made public until all of VT6 has sold - but watch this space.

I have it on good authority that the land will be for the construction of the View Talay 2 Amusement park, as View Talay 1 amusement park will be on Jomtien beach.

Construction will be completed over the the next 3 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Small update.

Here is what the north "see view" looks like today from floor 12 of VT6 :

VT6_CentralFestival_Floor12.jpg

Once the glass-roof will be build on top of all these pillars

there will be No More Sea View for all floors under floor number 16 ! :o

Sorry for you if you bought here... :D

Pattaya46

• 4 months later...

Amazing how slow people are to get one point of the fight against VT7. View Talay Corp. does not care - period. They don't care about the environment, seashore, infrastructure, city planning - certainly not about plotting out decent placing of their buildings to afford a semblance of grace. They don't care about their own projects and investors! It's "take the money and run" every time. With their track record, who would be dumb enough to buy one of their properties with a big empty lot next door & expect a protected sea view or anything else? Who could walk thru the corridors of their earlier projects and want to live in a VT insta-slum? Who?

Well, given the recent Supreme Administrative Court's decision you, whoever you are, will have all the rabbit hutches you can afford from now on! Just remember - but for the greed of VT you might have had decent value for your money and a home worthy of the Jomtien seaside.

If you go to the reception and take a look at the floor plan showing the condos still for sale then you will see approx 70% still available - the other 30% are mostly for sale as resales. However, this solves the parking problem as their is only one level for parking which would allow possibly 5 or 10% or residents a space.

Better get in quick if you want a good spot :o

Hi,

... you will see approx 70% still available - the other 30% are mostly for sale as resales.
??

According to VT Office in Jomtien

there is no more unit in foreign name available in VT6

so they sold at least 50% of the units.

But I agree that most of these units are for resale.

When they opened VT6 in January-February

tenants asked 25,000 baht/month for studio rent.

Now you find many many studio at 15,000 baht,

and sometimes less :o