Prevalence Of Plastic Surgery Among Gay Community

Plastic Surgery Among Gays Vs General Population  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I realise that the gay community looks far better than the normal thai on the street. In fact, a trained eye can tell that some of them are in fact surgery-enhanced.

What is your take on this issue?

Is P.S. becoming more common among the gay community, or is it the whole of thailand seeing this occurrence? No doubt, this is a global phenomena, but I think its MUCH more extensive in gay pubs.

Agree?

Personally had a Rhinoplasty performed. I'm a Singaporean CHinese Bisexual ( more towards straight ).

Do note that plastic surgery when done well ( and in most cases, anyway ) cannot be told with the naked eye, and even with feel.

Edited by SurgeryAddict

Assuming you are not referring to gender-reassignment sorts of things, can you give us other clues as to what you mean?

Most original-gender Thais I meet these days in gay areas are relatively unaltered, as far as I can tell, with the possible exception of earrings and tattoos.

I know several middle-aged gay Thai men who have had various types of plastic surgery. Some had cheek implants, some hair implants (if that counts), nose jobs, eye tucks etc. Seems fairly common.

Quite a few bad jobs here. I worked in British hospitals for 18 years and have seen a lot of stuff close and during the surgery.

I have some experience---abdo lipo 2 times, bleph and peeling (up and down eyes), love handles once, tits a little bit once. I think there was smthg else but I can't remember. All done in London or Marbella and all good. Nobody knows unless I mention.

The bad facials look like Cher overdone or David Gest, the gay man who was married to Minelli. The skin is all way too tight. The bad noses are awful, look too obvious. An old face with a 20 year old boy's retrousee nose, or even worse can be seen if you look, especially among katoeys who went to cheap places and some women here. I know several plastic surgeons, and they will always say 'understate' like a well-cut Armani suit. Dark and expensive but discreet. The good jobs blend in so well that you have to be very expert to tell.

PE

Edited by pauleddy

JD, where is the hogwash?

I had those things done. Additionally, I was a hospital clinician and manager for many years. I am not a plastic surgeon, although I know several, and I am aware of how they work and the basics of what they do.

You are entitled to an opinion, but unless you are a plastic surgeon yourself, you will not know what I am talking about (which seems to be the case).

:o

I had those things done. Additionally, I was a hospital clinician and manager for many years. I am not a plastic surgeon, although I know several, and I am aware of how they work and the basics of what they do.

You are entitled to an opinion, but unless you are a plastic surgeon yourself, you will not know what I am talking about (which seems to be the case).

I haven't had any surgery at this moment but have used botox and fillers....bit of a chicken.

When the doctor gave me my first series of botox injections she said: "you realise you are now addicted".

Just trying to slow down the clock.

Don't worry Paul, JD doesn't need to be informed in order to have an opinion.

All right, we can all take a hint from the signature of jdinasia, slightly revised: "There should be 2 rules about posting on gaytopics!

1) Have a brain that is not put in idle .....

2) Have a sense of humor!"

Back to the topic, I wish I had gotten eye surgery when I first got here, 5 years ago. A bit too late for it now.

PB

I had Lasik surgery when I was 45. It corrected my eyes after years of wearing lenses to look cute in bars (etc.) Also, my eyes before were upper 'medium bad'---minus 6.5 and minus 6.25. Everything was a fog.

If sight correction is what you need, pls ask the places which do it. There was a time when they would not correct certain problems (like astigmatism) or not correct slightly older clients--but I think that the technology is much better AND the prices are low, especially here.

PE

Had I known that everything was going to sag, droop and drop like it has, I would have spent the first 20 years standing on my head! God, I hate gravity.

I had the Lasik surgery and you know what, I really didn't like what I saw afterwards either!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree it's very common among gays, especially if you count Botox... but i think it's generally very common among anyone who can afford it... people are obsessed with the way they look in bangkok, much more than where I come from!