Work Permit And Bussiness Visa?

Need a quick advice...Whats the deferent between Work permit and Bussiness VIsa??

What is the Advantage of Having Bussiness Visa In thailand rather than getting a work permit???

Ive heard that some1 was refused a Work permit but issued only Vsa non immigrant B..

If you work in Thailand you must have a work permit. If you do not have a business or other non immigrant visa you can not obtain a work permit. If you want to work here you need both (or another type of visa that allows a work permit).

Two very different things.

A business visa lets you enter Thailand for the perpose of doing business.

Before you can actually start any business, even attending meetings or conferences/ making contacts etc, you should apply for a work permit.

To be pratical, you can attend meetings and do minor business work without a permit, for a short period.

Two very different things.

A business visa lets you enter Thailand for the perpose of doing business.

Before you can actually start any business, even attending meetings or conferences/ making contacts etc, you should apply for a work permit.

To be pratical, you can attend meetings and do minor business work without a permit, for a short period.

Actually if you are married to a Thai you can get a work permit but you are on a Non Imm "O" visa and not a "B" visa.

If you are coming to work in Thailand then the company you are going to work for should send you a letter of invitation which will permit you to get a "B" visa.

If however you wish to start your own business you will need 2,000,000 baht (though not necessarily in cash), at least 4 Thais working for you, a Thai registered company, I think 7 Thai directors, an accountant, a lawyer, and a lot of luck.

You also need to make sure that the business you intend to do is one that is permitted for farangs.

I think that Sunbelt Asia, the forum sponsor can give you the full information required for that.

Best of luck.

If however you wish to start your own business you will need 2,000,000 baht (though not necessarily in cash), at least 4 Thais working for you, a Thai registered company, I think 7 Thai directors, an accountant, a lawyer, and a lot of luck.

I think minimum number of director required is one, and doesn't necessarily have to be Thai, but at least 7 Thai promoters and 7 Thai shareholders, with Thai majority shareholdings (depending on the type of business).

The director can be a foreigner and you only need one director in a Limited Company.

In restricted businesses, you only need one Thai holding 51% of the shares. The other 6 shareholders can be any nationality. It takes a lawyer who is well- versed in corporate law to properly set up a company to protect your interests, especially when you are a minority shareholder.

In non restricted businesses such as small manufacturing and export, a foreigner can own the company 100%.

You can also apply for an Alien Business License if its a restricted business and seek approval for more than 51% foreign ownership.

You can apply for approval under BOI for investment promotion and have a majority ownership.

If you're an American, you can apply under the Amity Treaty and have the same rights as a Thai with 100% business ownership. This treaty is expected to expire Dec 31st so you have to be quick if you want to be "grandfathered in".

You do not need 4 Thais to get a work permit, you do need 4 Thais per WP for an extension of stay visa based on business. If you cannot meet that requirement you acquire a multi entry one year visa.

You do not need 2 million baht paid up capital for a work permit, you do need 2 million paid up capital with 1 million working capital for a extension of stay visa. If you cannot meet that requirement you acquire a multi entry one year visa.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Actually if you are married to a Thai you can get a work permit but you are on a Non Imm "O" visa and not a "B" visa.

I thought so too, but I got told that in order to get a work permit you need to get a Non Imm "B" visa even if you have already a Non Imm "O" visa. I did't want to believe it, but they insisted. :o

So, are you sure? Did you see it working?

Thanks!